Author Topic: Looks like we'll have five Forums  (Read 2087 times)

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Looks like we'll have five Forums
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 05:31:39 AM »
I like the way it is now. I would like to see it stay as is. I like everybody together. That way you do not have to go some place else to read about H&R shotguns and ML. I voted for the new sights but after thinking about it I changed my mind. I like it the way it is. Thanks GB

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline dpastor

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 09:18:26 AM »
Maybe too late, but first, GB, there were two sites, linked in the headers, H&R and Marlin (same owner).  I always felt that it was nice that Marlin allowed talk about NEF on it's site.

At this time, I must vote for a single forum for HR/NEF.  It seemed that 90% of the hits were on the centerfire forum.  If the single forum gets too crowded, then I would suggest an expansion.  There are several sites that I have heard about regarding Marlin and HR so that not all survivors will necessarily come here.

PS, I did check out AR.  After two days I left.  Thanks for running a sane, apolitical, family readable site.
Even a turtle has to stick its neck out to get ahead.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2004, 12:05:59 PM »
I guess "show me in the polls on each of those topics." has me confused. I can see at the beginning of this thread where to vote. I did. And I expressed an opinion also. Is there another location we need to vote?
mt

No doubt I have confused some of you as you have me. :eek:  But we'll work our way thru it.

I have two separate polls going on at this time. The reason for that is that here on this one (the first one I started) some folks told me they felt that my wording confused folks and that most of the voters saying leave as is meant not that they didn't want multiple forums but that they didn't want to be combined in any way with the Marlin guys.

So to clarify that to me and any who might be confused I set up the porposed list of new NEF/H&R Forums and put a poll on each. In that poll I gave the option of saying 1. add that forum, 2. don't add that forum but do add any others that get a majority vote or 3. leave things precisely as they are now with all NEF/H&R guns covered in a single forum.

Now the reason I am confused is that this original poll is showing me 2:1 and now a little more than that even that you want a single forum for all NEF/H&R gun topics. BUT the other polls at the individual forums last time I looked were showing for the most part 100% of voters wanted the one forum split into four or more separate forums for the various types of NEF/H&R guns.

That is why I then posted my comments above about being confused.

Clearly this poll on the forum I originally set up for you tells me that the majority likes it just as is, all discussion in one place on one forum.

Clearly the other "WAS" (I say that because I've not looked today) telling me just the opposite.

This makes me think that the folks who have voted NO on the split here haven't gone to the proposed forums and voted. Which I guess I understand why you haven't. You'd said you don't want a split and felt that was the end of it. Since a lot more folks have voted here than there I guess it really will be the end of it unless I'm misinterpreting desires of the majority.

But based on the number of folks from the old NEF/H&R site who have registered here only a very small percentage have voted either way yet.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2004, 01:59:20 PM »
I guess if we had seperate headings, there would have to be one just for my posts. :lol:
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline utica ny

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 04:56:55 PM »
graybeard just took the poll  ...looks great glad to see nef - h&r people
those boards had some inteligent people on them    thanks for the new home....

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2004, 10:51:56 PM »
GB, what are these "Individual polls" you are referring to?  I voted to keep it as is in the one at the top of this thread a couple days ago but I haven't seen a second one anywhere.

thanks,
Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Gratman

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2004, 03:35:02 AM »
Graybeard...
Thanks (as others have) first of alll for wanting our input.  I too would like to see some separation of topic areas.   Just gives us a way to isolate topics without having to scan through other non-related posts.
I am just thankful to have a place to gather and share information.

Gratman
Gratman

...and remember....all plumbing is temporary...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2004, 05:59:46 AM »
GB, what are these "Individual polls" you are referring to? I voted to keep it as is in the one at the top of this thread a couple days ago but I haven't seen a second one anywhere.

I have established a new "section" just below the Rifle and Shotgun Section which hass he title of Marlin & NEF/H&R Talk. In that section I have set up four tentative new forums based on input from those who have asked that the NEF/H&R topic be broken into multiple forums. Just scroll down the Forums Index Page a bit to find them.

My original intent was that if the vote here went for change to mulitiple forums I'd use the results of that to decide which of those forums to add. But the vote here is staying very much in favor of not having multiple forums. The strange thing to me tho is that the voting on those four individual forums is even more strongly in favor of adding them.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2004, 10:56:16 AM »
Mr. GB, you are correct in assuming the question of single or separate forums (at the sound of that NO) or separate headings (i.e. - Shotgun,Centerfire,Rimfire,Muzzleloading, Collectibles/handguns) at the sound of that YES, has been very confusing. As to why more people have not  voted in the individual sections, and they are great buy the way, I believe that once a member gets to the currently used forum he has no need or desire to scroll further down to see what you are offering us in exchange. If you left both up I'll bet the first one we members came to as we scrolled down would get the most use, just simple human nature. Thanks for the opportunity to vote, I just wish all those that have voted were able to see our "other/new" choice you have so graciously offered to us, it's great, seperate headings for each specific interest....<><.... :-)  (what a difference a word makes, seperate forums vs. seperate headings)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2004, 12:42:08 PM »
As to why more people have not voted in the individual sections, and they are great buy the way, I believe that once a member gets to the currently used forum he has no need or desire to scroll further down to see what you are offering us in exchange. If you left both up I'll bet the first one we members came to as we scrolled down would get the most use, just simple human nature. Thanks for the opportunity to vote, I just wish all those that have voted were able to see our "other/new" choice you have so graciously offered to us, it's great, seperate headings for each specific interest....<><....  (what a difference a word makes, seperate forums vs. seperate headings)

OK let's test that theory. I have now moved the new section up and it is now above the older Rifle/Shotgun Section so when folks scroll down it will show up first.

I have also TEMPORARILY opened up the NEF/H&R Rifle and Muzzle Loader Forums to see if folks use them. At least they should in theory see them on their way down the list assuming they are coming to the Forums Index and then scrolling down to the forum rather than coming directly to the current single forum set up here for them.

So let's see what happens.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2004, 03:13:13 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
I have established a new "section" just below the Rifle and Shotgun Section which hass he title of Marlin & NEF/H&R Talk.GB

Ah, that explains it.  The GBO forum link I have set up in my favorites takes me directly to the H&R and NEF Discussion forum.  That is the only part I read and my connection is really slow so I don't waste time navigating thru the main index to get here.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2004, 06:15:08 PM »
Could be you aren't the only one doing it that way too. Others???

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Maine Woods

• Avid Poster
seperate discussions
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2004, 01:58:26 AM »
I vote 1 Centerfire 2 Rimfire 3 muzzle loader 4 shotgun  total of 4 catagorys for NEF / H R  folks.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
New Forums
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2004, 03:00:13 AM »
Darn Bill:

Now I'm going to have to change my home page to open up to show them all instead of the original one....work,work,work. :wink:

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2004, 06:46:24 AM »
Darn Bill:

Now I'm going to have to change my home page to open up to show them all instead of the original one....work,work,work.

Yup but just think of the outrageous salary I pay you moderators fer yer services.  :-D  Oh and by the way, I made you same two (you and Duce) Moderators of the new Centerfire Rifle Forum just in case the eventual decision is to keep these temporarily established forums. I figure that is the one that would get most of the traffic and where this one would be moved to should that happen.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2004, 06:41:42 PM »
OK guys and gals I've decided to step in and make a management decision on this issue. The vote at the individual forums is even more lop sided and over whelmingly in favor of having topic forums than this one is against.

So what I'm going to do is to leave this one as is and add the other also. So you'll end up with five of them.

But please see my new post on this subject also as I have a question for ya there.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2004, 09:57:18 AM »
Greybeard,

I voted to keep just the one site.  NEF folks seem to have a variety of barrels for their guns, a mixture of rifle, shotgun and muzzleloader.  The same things affect all of these since they are being used on the same frame.  I would rather go through and look at what people are doing with their guns regardless of which they are than to go look specifically for rifles, then over to shotty guns, etc.

Thanks for putting up with us!
-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone