Author Topic: Open Range!!  (Read 770 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Open Range!!
« on: February 20, 2004, 05:31:40 PM »
Well I just got the DVD player I bought my self for a Christmas present out of layaway. It was not even there long as they were out of them after the holidays and just got a shipment it. Boy are they reasonalble now I paid 45 bucks for this one it is a Norcent who ever that is ( China ) but I plays great!! I just watched open range and it was a good movie even with Costner in it :) Duval was good as usual. I have surround sound so I hooked every thing up and the gun battles and thunderstorms sounded great. I have to say typical hollywood though lots more shooting than reloading. :( other than that it was good. I used to figure I would not watch these anyone I figured where liberal or anti gun and then I realized what the heck unless a lot of folks joined me which they will not I was only hurting me by not seeing any new movies as most folks will still watch them no matter what so I was not going to change anything with my little boycott.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  Anyway The sounds out of the DVD compared to VCR are night and day and the pic quality is so much better also. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline dodgecity

• Trade Count: (0)
Open Range!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 06:28:50 PM »
Santa brought me my first dvd for Christmas too. I've already started on my collection of dvd westerns (one each pay). I picked up Open Range the first week it was available. Mine is the 2 disk collector's version. My personal boycotts tend to be selective. Kevin Costner and I do not agree on some obvious issues. On the other hand, he is an excellent actor and makes movies that I find both entertaining and accurate. In contrast, there are those like Jane Fonda, whose speech and actions were treason. This I can never forgive or forget.