Author Topic: Can't find a CVA Scout  (Read 1524 times)

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Can't find a CVA Scout
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »
I've been trying to get a Scout in 44 mag.  Dicks thought they could order but it wasn't in stock at their distributor.  I believe because the model number changed with the new V2.  Cabelas special order dept. is shut down until April.  I may try bass pro this weekend if I can get by there.  There are a couple of local shops but I'm not happy with them either.  Last time I went there I was serviced by some punk kid who didn't want to help me much.  It looks like the scout may have to wait a while.

Offline Flashole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Can't find a CVA Scout
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
If your up for an internet buy, try this
http://www.richiespng.com/product.php?id=74901

I got three CVAs from these guys and all went well in the transaction
=FLASH=

Offline Flashole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »
Sorry  STUMPJMPR.   I had been looking a long time for the same thing.  I had signed up for email alerts from a couple of websites.  This one came in as available   as of last Friday.  That was the day I stopped by an Academy and got a CVA Hunter 7mm08 with a 24 inc barrel.  Guess I gave up the chase just a few hours early.  I posted this link without looking
=FLASH=

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:41 PM »
Sorry  STUMPJMPR.   I had been looking a long time for the same thing.  I had signed up for email alerts from a couple of websites.  This one came in as available   as of last Friday.  That was the day I stopped by an Academy and got a CVA Hunter 7mm08 with a 24 inc barrel.  Guess I gave up the chase just a few hours early.  I posted this link without looking

I believe the discontinued that model and replaced it with the scout V2.  I'm not sure of the price difference.  I looked at your link and it said unavailable.  I'll keep looking I'm not interested in anything else.  I have a gun for every other need.  I probably don't need this one but I want something in a pistol caliber.  I may end up with an H&R if I can't find one.  I thought about the rossi but I heard about alot of quality issues with the rossi. 

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51:51 AM »
  STUMPJMPR,     I found a CVA  Scout in 44 mag. w/ scope in used/ like new condition for $ 219.00.   If you are interested its at Johnsons sporting goods in Adrian, MI, there number is 517- 265 2445.   They have it listed on there website.
   jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline xhare

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »
I just saw a new CVA Stainless 44 mag (Version 1.0) at Glaubers in Carrollton KY.  I think they were asking $319, a bit high. 

http://kygunguys.com/

Offline OK hunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »
Am at the Tulsa Gun Show and have not seen one Scout.  A friend is looking for one but can't find any here at the show.
Yeah, I'm a rifle looney

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »
Keep looking..  You won't regret getting one.  I got one (44 mag) last fall along with a new Ruger American (.308).  Got my buck the first 2 minutes of opening day with the Ruger.  This coming big game season I plan on taking the .44 out first and try to "blood" that rifle also.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)