Author Topic: MR. GB has opened the new dedicated forums!!! Lets try them!  (Read 1138 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
MR. GB has opened the new dedicated forums!!! Lets try them!
« on: February 19, 2004, 03:00:24 AM »
:D , I see that Thanks again goes to MR. GB for opening the individual forums, Shotgun, Centerfire, Rimfire , and Muzzleloading. Lets all show our thanks by giving them a try. This is getting to be much better than the old site without the BS that went on there, I really want to get out and shoot and talk to you guys about it. I am even thinking of trying a postal match or 2 if the snow lets up and I get to walk without a cane or crutch on the snow and ice covering my clubs outdoor range. Of course getting above 20 degrees and perhaps no wind would be nice also.... OK guys lets show our appreciation the Mr. & Mrs. GB by trying the new section, it's like going home again without the hassles!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
MR. GB has opened the new dedicated forums!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 06:54:09 AM »
In order to try those new forums anyone who has this one set as their favorite and who is entering GBO at this forum will have to enter at the Forums Index: http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/index.php so you can scroll down the list to find them. Then if ya just gotta you could set each as a favorite but the easier way is to just set the forums index and enter there.

BTW if those of you who voted on this forum to NOT have those other forums still feel that way after seeing them you need to vote in the polls ongoing there. I still need to better understand the will of the majority of users what is wanted in the way of NEF/H&R Forum or Forums.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
New forums
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 06:57:53 AM »
Bill:

Can those who choose not to post there and voted the same...still post in the original place,without the need to move any thread from one place to the other?

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline scruffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 07:02:21 AM »
They look good!!!   :grin:

Any plans to move the messages in this forum into the others?  My mouse is getting tired scrolling up and down between the seperated out forums and this one.   :wink:

I'm in no hurry really, just posing a questions I know alot of people are probably asking.  8)

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 07:58:51 AM »
I'll be posting in the new forums...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline .308

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 08:41:54 AM »
Talk about 'rolling out the red carpet' for us. I was fine with the way things were, heck just having a place like this to come to. Mr. Graybeard you really know how to make a fellow feel Welcome. Thanks. :wink:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 08:51:35 AM »
.308, you got that right buddy, This Mr. GB is a great host. The new individual interest forums are GREAT and like being home again, I'll be there also....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 10:01:44 AM »
Can those who choose not to post there and voted the same...still post in the original place,without the need to move any thread from one place to the other?

Sure. I have no problem with that if you guys don't.

Any plans to move the messages in this forum into the others? My mouse is getting tired scrolling up and down between the seperated out forums and this one.  

I'm in no hurry really, just posing a questions I know alot of people are probably asking.

I cannot accomodate BOTH this and Mac's request. This is the problem I've had regarding one or multiple forums all along here. It is unclear to me which the majority favors. What I can do that will help is to move this forum up to where the others are. Well I "think" I can anyway. I've never really tried to move a forum from one section to another but I think it can be done.

Would that be a problem for anyone? URL would stay the same for those coming directly to this forum rather than to the Forums Index Page and for those coming to the Index Page and scrolling down all would be physically together.

Anyone object to that idea? Assuming of course I can move a forum from one section to another as I think I can.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 10:04:57 AM »
No objection from me.  :grin:

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
none here, sounds good....<><.... :grin:

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 10:57:06 AM »
No problem for me.  I plan on using the new forums though.  Still good info in this one though.

Thanks GB!!
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline Haywire Haywood

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 11:07:21 AM »
Looks like GB is just going to have to make a command decision and make it happen or drop it entirely.  Everyone isn't going to be happy but that is just the nature of things.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 01:12:02 PM »

The only thing I see missing up in the new section is a “Misc. H&R/NEF Talk” section like the “Misc. Marlin Talk” section that is up there… but on the old H&R site what section didn’t get much use anyway.  

I like the new section and will be up there for the most part.

Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Primer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
I'm at the new forums, and thanks Graybeard!

Hey, if it is possible to move this and content up with the others,maybe we could use it for H&R Miscellaneous Talk & Collector Corner.  :wink:

Whoops,  :oops: I hate it when my fingers do that.

p.s.   The Misc Talk enjoyed 3,583 posts (4th out of the 8 forums  available) and Collector Corner enjoyed 1,868 posts.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 02:56:10 PM »
:) Great idea Primer, we were missing a misc/collectibles/handgun forum, as you suggested and I agree, If Mr. GB could move all these posts as a unit to the new sections above (I would suggest it be moved right below the "Huntsman/Muzzleloader"forum, it would be similar in layout to what we were all used to in the "old" site) and call it something like "misc/collectibles/handguns" strike that, I like your name suggestion better!! Another great thing would be that none of the info in thses posts would be lost. Now Mr. GB has been great to all of us, I don't even know it this is possible but it would sure be nice, and nothing lost!! A win-win situation!! We can still dream right!....<><.... :grin:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 07:04:40 PM »
Yes I can do that. No problem and less than a five minute job.

BUT please read my post above. Doing this changes the URL for this forum. I cannot slip this forum up there. I will set up a new forum under the name you asked for and then move all threads and posts into it. As I said a quick under five minute job.

BUT IT WILL MEAN A NEW URL for this forum. Is that a problem with anyone? Need to vote in the new poll to tell me. Feel free to express an opinion here or there but please vote and tell me. This is the last decision to be cleared before you folks have your new NEF/H&R Site set as you want it.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 03:32:23 AM »
Mr. GB, I am sorry to say I know little about computers, URL's are unknown to me. If you can move this forum, even if it is left complete and as is, to be located directly below the 4 individual "new" forums you so graciously added for us, just leave them exactly where they are and make this the 5th forum in that section (H&R/NEF Discussion) all would be well with this little corner of the world. Thanks, my idea and my vote....<><.... :grin:

Offline Primer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 06:02:05 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't be much of a problem to find this forum if it is placed below the new forums. Once found, (and believe me. it will be) just add the new URL to MY Favorites/Bookmark and wahla.

I personally Bookmark the main index URL and go down to the desired forums anyway. Like doing this so that when I hit the back button, I always get back to the main index ( a great starting point for my liking ).

Whatever the poll shows, by those that voted to keep one forum, is more than fine with me. We have already been graciously handed much more than I ever dreamed possible. :grin: :-D

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004, 06:35:15 AM »
I like your thinking Primer, as for what you do to "bookmark" your computer it sounds similar to how mine is set up/works. I put GB Outdoors into my favorites and when I go to the site I automatically end up at the "Graybeards Outdoors Forum Index" then scroll down to where I want to go, heck all his other sites are interesting too and I surely don't want to lose them!! That being said, if the "old" "H&R NEF Discussion" forum was placed in the #5 spot directly below the "new" "Muzzleloading" location we would all be together, even if it was not renamed the "misc, etc, etc" section. Personally I think it should be renamed to reduce confusion but I am so pleased with all Mr. GB has done for us I'm almost afraid to wish for more!!!Thanks Mr. (Bill) GB....<><....  :grin:

Offline Primer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004, 07:51:28 AM »
MSP Ret :D  :)

I have so many bookmarks that I should have them hardbound and call them My Novel !

Back to topic:  Seems to me that many of the current posts on this original forum would fall into the Misc H&R Talk anyway, and surely there is a need for such a forum heading.
It seem that most of the members have already found/or migrated to the newly topic specific forums, so graciously created for us. Just takes a little time to sort things out and start exploring the obvious Palace created for us by GBO. (is this heaven?? ) :shock:

Anyway, I would like to see ( as mentioned above) this forum moved up and below the other "new 4" and renamed Miscellaneous H&R Talk & Collectors Corner.

By the way, have you or anyone heard from/seen our H&R resident collector expert: g. goforth (gunsmith/retired  #41)?  The members at the old site enjoyed over 600 posts from g. goforth,and he is obviously missed.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 11:09:22 AM »
I agree with the general consensus...Move this forum up under the new H&R/NEF Forums and rename is Misc...It would tidy things up a bit too.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense