Author Topic: What to do...  (Read 603 times)

Offline Lonegun1894

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
What to do...
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:09 AM »
So I picked up a NEF 12ga 27.5" modified choke barreled gun and promptly mounted my .44 Mag barrel to it.  I already have a 12ga modified gun, so now have an extra barrel, and not sure what to do with it.  As I said, i already have one of these, and have little use for a second one.  I have thought about making a shorty, or maybe trading it off for something else (with cash added if needed), or maybe selling it.  What would you do with it?  I guess this would be easier if I had a specific use in mind, but, and I hate to say it, but my current H&R needs are pretty well filled with my current 12ga modified smoothbore, the 12ga Tracker 2, and the .44 Mag, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: What to do...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:04:32 AM »
If you don't need it and don't plan on a shorty project with it just sell it here on our classified ads.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:33 AM »
I would make it into a "home made Tracker 1" barrel (24 1/2" barrel, cylinder choked with iron sights).  That way you would have a 2 in 1 gun, use it for bird/small game (shot) and big game (rifled slug).

It could also be considered a "modified shorty". ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Lonegun1894

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:20:07 AM »
While I like the idea of selling it so it goes to someone who would use it, the Tracker 1 idea is a good one too, although I would be tempted to go closer to 18" than 24".  Any idea what kind of sights might fit?  I am assuming my local gunsmith should be able to braze them on, or D&T for whatever sights would fit.  I'm assuming braze or SS them on would be more appropriate due to the thin barrels.

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »
have considered putting sights on one of my modified twenties to have a choked Tracker..Remmy foster slugs are decently accurate in them and would still be able to use the cheap shells to squirrel hunt with... :-\
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
shorty..........tho a shorty with rifle sighte eventually would be nice
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline redleg11b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
Sounds like you have a stub donor.  Want a 22H?  Sounds like a great candidate for a small bore and big bore combo.
H&R: .223, 20ga, .357, Sportster LR
Cricket LR