Author Topic: I'm Lost and don't know where to look!?!  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Quan Toi

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Avid Poster
I'm Lost and don't know where to look!?!
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
Hello from Arizona. I'm trying to find a Sharps 1894 model rifle KIT as a project and don't know where to look in these forums for an answer. Could someone please give me advice on a forum to look into. Thanks in advance!

Offline Rex in OTZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: I'm Lost and don't know where to look!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:35:51 AM »
Id suggest first trying the single shot rifle forums, secone I think you would be searching for a 1874 sharps kit?

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=149212.0

this sight has them advertised but are discontinued.http://www.brenzovich.com/sharps_rifles.htm

KITS
Now you can assemble your own percussion or metallic cartridge Sharps rifle from one of our kits. We offer all our kits in either of two stages of completion
Semi-finished kit
1) Our semi-finished kits have the stock inletting completed and all parts are in place for a functioning firearm. We consider these semi-finished kits to be about 85% complete when delivered to you
Dissambled
2) Our disassembled kits have only the lock plate and trigger plate mounted in the stock. All other parts come loose and require fitting to the stock to make a functioning firearm. We consider these disassembled kits to be about 50% complete when delivered to you
All IAB Sharps Rifles and Carbines are available in your choice of semi-finished or disassembled kits.
Finishing of the metal and wood parts is left to you to give your
Sharps firearm the level of quality and personal attention to detail you desire

NO INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THESE KITS.
KITS AVAILABLE:

Sharps Model 1863 percussion rifle in .45 - .50 - .54 caliber with 22" or  28" and more longer round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double trigger.

Sharps Model 1866 metallic cartridge rifle in .45/70 - .45/90 - .45/120 caliber with 16" or 22" or 28"-32"-34" round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double set trigger.

Sharps Model 1874 metallic cartridge rifle in .45/70 .45/90 .45/120 and .45 LongColt caliber with 16" or 22" or  28" - 30" - "32 - 34" round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double trigger.

I knew Navy arms used to carry replica Sharps and Remington rolling block single shot actions.

its possible through Brownells (ruger) or Dixie Gunworks, mabe Track of the Wolf.