Author Topic: my new electric lead pot  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
my new electric lead pot
« on: March 10, 2013, 10:19:18 AM »
Been working on my new pot. Few more parts and a little welding.  Hopefully finish it in a couple weeks. Should hold a little more lead than my 20 pounder
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: my new electric lead pot
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 03:43:31 PM »
Bigger sounds better.  It gets crowded in there with the ladle, thermometer and mold I am trying to heat up.  Just don't drop your mold in there and you can't get it out.  Looks great though.  Nice work!  8)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline cjensen

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:49 AM »
Looks like it's just the right size to keep up with my 45 and 44  4 cavity molds. My Lee drip-o-matic can't keep up when I'm casting with both  of them. How many watts? Are you going to insulate it? Making any for sale?
My goal in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al Gore's. I can be living the good life and know I am not causing global warming. Make Al your carbon standard.

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:56 AM »
Looks like that should work :D   I always run 2 pots when casting.  An RCBS which is a night and day difference over the lyman and a back up 20lb lyman pot.  The RCBS is so much faster to cast with than the lyman!  I dip lead from the lyman into the RCBS pot to keep it full and I never have to slow down or take a break until I'm ready to quit.

Good luck with the new pot!

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!