Author Topic: A bit confused...  (Read 484 times)

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
A bit confused...
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »
How could a slender profile, 22", sightless, .243 ejector barrel with the same last 3 serial numbers show up on an NS serial case hardened SB2 receiver, and with a sidekick forend?

Strange...
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Re: A bit confused...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »
The factory puts the last 3 digits on the barrel when they fit them as an accessory or on the combo rifles.  Bubba could also put them on the barrel with a nail and a hammer.  Larry

A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »
Or one of those electric engraving tools.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
Thank you.  I figured someone had a BC or BC carbine and had the factory install a 243 barrel.  Looks like my other factory lug numbering.  Being a finicky 243, it probably likes only one load, or none, so no ones favorite.

In the years the walnut stock went somewhere else, the gun was traded as a 243 pallet wood without the other barrel, and some 'bubba' liked the feel of the sidekick forend. 

Sure is a mix and match though.

The kicker is, I had all this 243 ammo for sale on the local trader, so a guy calls me about it and offers me a rifle instead.  Says it's a single shot, quotes so low a price I think it's a Rossi.

No, he 'likes' his Rossi.  This is a "New England" he didn't want.  And he was 10 min away. 

Come on folks.  It needed appreciation and a good home!  I deserve forgiveness for falling off the wagon again.

Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline thumper113

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
A bit confused...
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
Rd,

You had no choice.  It was homeless. 'Sides ugly dogs tend to be the smartest and most loyal.  Could be your new go to.
God Bless Our Troops!

Offline Ol BW

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:52:13 AM »
RD

You need a commendation for taking in a orphaned and neglected Handi.  ;D

BW