Author Topic: H&R 922  (Read 826 times)

Offline webguns22

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R 922
« on: June 08, 2013, 04:15:11 AM »
Hello!
I'm new to this forum. I have a H&R 922. From the serial# 152755, it is a 1931. I got this gun in a bag. I've been all over trying to get a schematic for this gun and trying to get parts. No one seems to have the right schematic. Gun Parts has 2 schematics
of the 922, but they are not for  my gun! The only schematic they have that is even close is one of a 1904 model and I believe it is a 32 or 38, not a 22. But this 1904 model does have the V springs, which I think is what mine takes. None of the other H&R schematics show a gun with V springs. The Lever and Spring Assembly is broken and all the V Springs are missing.
I would like to try to put this gun back together. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Tom

Offline Cornbelt

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Re: H&R 922
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »
 I know the feeling. They made several changes over the years and the old ones are terrible to get info on. Usually they are in otherwise very good shape, so there are still lots of them out there. We get them coming in at the shop where I work, but unless it is fairly new, they aren't worth the time we would have to charge for the fixing.
  If you can do the work yourself though, you might stand a chance. V-springs can be made out of flat stock from Brownells, and they even sell a spring making guide. DGW has a low priced guide as well as 1018 spring stock.

I wish someone would produce a book about smithing the H&R's, but I haven't heard of it if they have. I would really like to know what kind of shape the hand spring is. Seems a shame to let a gun sit idle for lack of a few odd parts.

Offline webguns22

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: H&R 922
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:20:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's too bad that schematics are not out there for every model of gun. You would think a company like H&R would have a schematic of every gun they manufactured and of every change that was made to that gun. I'm sure they did. Too bad no one thought to save them. The only thing I can do is  try to find another gun like the one I have, that is complete (in the same serial # range) and take it apart. That way I will know what size and shape the springs are and where they go. Thanks again for the reply.
Tom