Author Topic: Best wishes to Graybeard and Matt.  (Read 359 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Best wishes to Graybeard and Matt.
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:21 AM »
Graybeard and Matt,

I was very sad to see that you had system problems during the past couple of days. I hope you got things stabilized and that things have not been too hard on you. As of Friday morning 1/31 it looks like at least some of the ads are working, so I hope you are not losing much revenue. In any case, best wishes for getting back online.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Re: Best wishes to Graybeard and Matt.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »
There are NO ads turned on right now. So if you see an ad then your computer is infected. GBO ADS ARE OFF for the next day or so as I dont think the Database Server can Handle the load of the forums and the ad server together.

The header is still the Chevy logo but that is the only marketing on GBO right now and if clicked will take you to the forums index.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:17:13 AM »
Just contact the NSA, they should have a copy of the data that was lost....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »
We have ordered a new server. It will ship out on Monday and hopefully be here on Wednesday. Matt will have to load everything onto it and then head to Atlanta to install it to replace the failing server there. For now we are operating entirely from our local servers here at Matt's house.

For now we've lost all data since last July but Matt is pretty sure that once he gets the hard drives from the Atlanta server in hand here he can restore pretty much all that data. At worst tho we've lost six months worth of posts but everything else is intact and we think those are still there and he will just need to work his magic to restore them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!