Author Topic: RCBS trim pro powered case trimmer  (Read 620 times)

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
RCBS trim pro powered case trimmer
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
 I have a manual trimmer but doing about three thousand cases right now. Have been looking at the RCBS trim pro powered trimmer. They have a 50.00 rebate if you buy 300.00 of RCBS stuff. Trimmer is 269.95 and I should be able to find 30.05 worth of other stuff ;D . Anyone have one of these. Are they fast, easy to use or is there a better option other than cranking my manual trimmer. Don

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
Re: RCBS trim pro powered case trimmer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
I like mine, one of the best upgades I have made over the years.  There could be a better option, I have not looked for a few years.  Hard to beat releasing the lever and letting the machine turn on, feed and do its thing.

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »
I have an RCBS Trim Pro and have used it for years. It has never let me down or changed the length by itself. I don't want to think about not having it!
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
I don't know about their case trimmers, but there universal  hand decapper is a POS!! Antbody have one of these? It  does not flip the primer as they claim and primers are sometimes the primers flip the wrong way in the square case you feed the tool with.Any one else have this problem?

Offline gary0529

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
I have had and used the power trim pro extensively over the past 5 or 6 years without any complaints.  Used with cases from 223 up to 338 Lapua and it does the job. I do like the ability to chamfer the mouth while it trims the case using the 3 way cutter.
Easy to set up, easy to use and it gives repeatable cuts without any re-adjusting.
I guess there are other just as good systems but I cannot find any fault with my system.

Gary

Offline Redcap

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »
I have been using my RCBS power trimmer for about two years.  No complaints here.  Wish I would have got it sooner.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »
im on my second one now. Wore the motor out in the first and rcbs rebuilt the whole thing. Only thing original on it is the aluminum bottom plate. I wouldnt be without one.
blue lives matter

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 05:14:38 AM »
I have a manual trimmer but doing about three thousand cases right now. Have been looking at the RCBS trim pro powered trimmer. They have a 50.00 rebate if you buy 300.00 of RCBS stuff. Trimmer is 269.95 and I should be able to find 30.05 worth of other stuff ;D . Anyone have one of these. Are they fast, easy to use or is there a better option other than cranking my manual trimmer. Don

I have one that I've used on thousands of cases and I wouldn't want to be without it.

My only complaints are that the screws that hold the head holder in place loosen frequently and have to be frequently or the whole case turns while you're trying to trim it and the screw that holds the gizmo in place that those aforementioned screws fit in has to be tightened occasionally.  Not bit complaints but show there's room for improvement.  Also, the 3 way cutters are a bit of a pain to adjust but well worth the trouble.