Author Topic: Why are so many Posts missing ??? Read this is you want the answer!  (Read 836 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
The GBO Atlanta Server has had a hard drive start to fail and has caused all the downtime.
The server runs 2 hard drives using LVM to span both disks as one drive. (1TB) This has created a problem for me as I can not just slap a new drive in and hope to recover the data that has been lost as part of it is on one drive and part on the other.

The problem happened late Wed night and I have been working on it pretty much non stop since early Thursday morning when I was finally able to get home.

I found a good and complete backup from Jul 2 2013 and was able to restore the posts from that backup and then insert the up to date members data and PM data making it only posts / topics that we lost. All other data should be intact and has now been backed up. I have minimal use of the Atlanta server to try  and prevent further data loss. I Hope to be able to get a new server in here in a day or three and then get it swapped out. I should be able to recover much of what we have lost but it could take a week or so to do it. Please hang in there and don't give up on us as I am doing everything in my power and ability to restore the site.

Thank You for your Understand.
Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Why are so many Posts missing ??? Read this is you want the answer!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
Thank you, Matt!
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »
Thanks for the update Matt!!

THANK YOU FOR THE HARD WORK AND LOST SLEEP!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
My thanks also!

~Kees~
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline sr sawyer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (70)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
Many thanks for your knowledge and abilities.  I am pretty sure this great site has a lot to do with your expertise with computers.

My expertise has nothing to do with electronics and at my age never will.  The most I can do is muddle thru the buttons and try to keep from screwing the system completely up.  But then I have 16 year old grand daughter who can fix my mess ups :).

Time to add the fuel that keeps this site going,  MONEY.  Headed your way.

Thank You Matt and Graybeard (not necessarily in that order),

Ken
NRA Life Member