Author Topic: Please help an ex handi-holic price a combo  (Read 457 times)

Offline reno2507

• Trade Count: (13)
Please help an ex handi-holic price a combo
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »
I haven't been around handi's for a few years, and am trying to help a friend sell a handi she inherited. Since I sold off all mine several years ago I have no idea what to ask. I cruised the classifieds, but can't really find what she has...It is an NEF with an "N" serial number, and looks like a matte stainless. It has a 22" .22 Hornet barrel marked "Handi Rifle SB2 Cal. 22 Hornet", and has a Weaver Classic 400 scope. There is a matching 20ga smoothbore marked "Handi Gun SB2 20ga 3" MOD". I really trust the people at this site, so how much should I ask for the complete set-up, and how much for the individual parts? Thanks in advance, and I'll let you know when to jump over to the classifieds :D

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline reno2507

Re: Please help an ex handi-holic price a combo
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »
The pick looks shiny, but it's actually matte...Sorry!
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
The barrel may be stainless, but the frame is matte nickel, the only stainless frame ever made by H&R/NEF is the current Ultra Hunter 45-70 and 444 Marlins which weren't made until 2008.  The similar Handy Gun II H&R Inc combos like the NEF combo sell for around $250 or so. Be aware that our classified rules don't allow listing and selling anything for someone else, they must register and list it.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline reno2507

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
She has submitted a request. Thanks Tim!

Offline reno2507

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
She has placed an ad in the classifieds. Thanks guys!