Author Topic: how lucky can u get  (Read 635 times)

Offline speedrackin99

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
how lucky can u get
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:54:15 AM »
Hi ive been getting parts to get ready to send a stuck and receiver back to factory for a 45/70  fit .  after bolting up receiver to but stock thought id try my other handi barrels  for fit . They both lock up real nice and tight no play while close and none while open .How often does this happen ?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: how lucky can u get
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:58:07 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:14:38 AM »
Sometimes you just get lucky.  A while back I swapped a .223 1 in 12 barrel for a .25-06 barrel and it fit like it was made for my frame.  I almost backed out of the trade because I was afraid it would be too loose to fit... 

Tony

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:10:52 AM »
I lost count of how many Handis I have.  Probably around 15 or 16.  None of them are shimmed or modified in any way....not any more.  I keep two or three spare frames....I try to keep three.  A new to me barrel usually fits one or more frames. If it doesn't....which is extremely rare, I try some of the other dedicated frames and swap things around.  At this time, all my Handis are complete rifles on dedicated frames with no modifications. 

I just checked the spare frame drawer and at the moment there are FOUR in there.......I haven't got a clue as to how it got to be four. Geeze....I oughta build something ::)   Yeah, I know, get another of Da Tirty Tirty barrels and make Da Tirty Forty.  Thank you George and  Dinny.  Does anybody here want to tell me some place to put another Handi rather than in bed with Patty?....She's getting grumpy about that and I sure don't want to sleep on it......Oh yeah...don't be rude ;)   About every available square inch in this old farm house is full of rifles, shotguns, handguns and MLs.  I'm gonna have to throw groceries out to make more room...Oh,....perhaps I can kick a dog or two outside to make room..

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
If you got a basement........ if not, comes the "Thaw" an excavator could be the answer. Or how about the loft?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »
I have been lucky too.. but Like Peter..I have spare receivers. ;)

I'm gambling right now!!  I have two barrels on there way to me. I'm not worried about one as I have a DOZEN different receivers to check it on. (Its a VP 22LR barrel) But the second is a 20G and I really want...scratch that NEED it to fit or be ''fittable'' to one particular receiver.  ;) ;) ;D  One thing you can bank on... IT WILL when I am done!  ::) ::) :P

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.