Author Topic: .444 Marlin Handi  (Read 557 times)

Offline Goatwhiskers

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
.444 Marlin Handi
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
Found one in a hock shop, scope and sling, at a decent price, figured I'd go back tomorrow and haggle 'em.  Came home and did my research, can't locate any brass.  Heck of it is I have everything needed but that.  Anybody got a line where some might be if I can get this thing?  GW

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
Re: .444 Marlin Handi
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
I have had brass from Cabelas in the past year. I'm sure some will turn up eventually. Keep an eye out on the forums and Gunbroker as well for used.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:47 AM »
It's one of the seasonal rounds. I put it on watch/wish list on several stores and scored mine last year.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:56:09 AM »
If the price is right better to get it and wait for brass than miss out completely; some brass always turns up, the rifles not so much here.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
Brass is not plentiful, but like any straightwall brass, it lasts a looong time. I dont use reall hot loads but I have some loaded a couple dozen times, so once you have some you should be set.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline littledog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • I am a big dog I am a big dog
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
DON’T get in a gun fight with a buffalo hunter there is no such thing as cover against a 45 70