Author Topic: Ted Cruz  (Read 716 times)

Offline D Fischer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Ted Cruz
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:28:56 AM »
I've been thinking, dangerous thing, I like the things I hear Ted say, all of them! Only problem I have is he's a politician and I don't trust any of them. Ted is supposed to be Canadian by birth. He can't run for president because of that. What would happen if say the majority of American's voted for him for president? Again, I don't know that I trust him anymore than any of the other liars in Washington, but, what if?

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
Re: Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:36 AM »
I don't think what he says makes much sense at all, just more than most of the other guys. It's all political gibberish as far as I'm concerned.

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »
D FISHER. I like Cruz a lot, but like you said, he was born in Canada. The libs elected an illegal Kenyan, at least Ted is an American. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jhm

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »
     We could use another SPEAKER of the House.   Jim

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
We should be so lucky to have a House and Senate full of Ted Cruzes.  I might not subscribe to all of his philosophies, but I believe Ted Cruz is about as close as it gets to someone who believes in and abides by the Constitution and the U.S.A. itself.  At the very least, he is not a communist--unlike all the trash that sits on the other side of the aisle.
Swingem

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
If I remember correctly... he was an american citizen at birth.  Natural born doesn't necessarily mean born within the borders.  His citizenship was conferred upon birth by an American citizen.

Obama's situation is a bit different.  There was a law then about his unwed mother having lived in the US for at least one year prior to giving birth.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:45:40 AM »
I believe No guns here is correct..   At least Cruzs'  wife has never called Kenya his "home country"... ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline don29

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 05:59:03 AM »
article !!, section 1, para 6, of the constitutions says, and i quote:
"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of the president; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States."
canadians may have dual citizenship, as can we, IIRC...if Cruz renounces his canadian citizenship, i would suspect that would make hime eligible; i have heard he plans to renounce his candadian citizenship.
but then again...i don't see anything in the constitution that prohibits a "dual" citizen from the presicency...

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
It wouldn't matter if the majority of American people voted for him. The popular vote doesn't elect the president. American citizens were deemed too stupid for such duties. They do have a mock election each time to give the facade that the American citizen is voting for president though. It seems to work as people will argue with one another on who they should vote for and why did they vote for that idiot, after the fact. You can look into The Constitutional Convention of 1787. That is when the American voter's rights were taken away and given to the government to elect the president via the Electoral College.

He is in fact eligible to run. Look up the standards of The Nationality Act of 1940. He meets the requirements for a natural born citizen. Further it has been proven that he would also qualify under the 1790 Naturalization Act. Though that's not necessary because the 1940 Act trumps it.
Molon labe

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Unless I find something bad that I haven't heard yet about him I will vote for him. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
If you could dream of and design the perfect politician, then you'd be real close to having Ted Cruz. The man is extremely intelligent and articulate. When he's not in session(DC), he literally drives his constituency and walks neighborhoods to see what people think about issues and his approval rating as their representative. Doesn't matter if it's a high dollar neighborhood or a run down trailer park. Probably the most sincere human I've had the pleasure to met. But he'll never be prsident. He's far too honest and straight forward. People don't care about honesty anymore as our current communist liar is proof of that. They want glitz and false promises from a well packaged POS. They'll even believe in lies they know are lies just so they don't have to worry about it, like Yommacare- we'll figure out how we're gonna pay for that later. If you liked Reagan, you'd probably like Cruz. He's very straight forward and whatever he says- take it to the bank.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »
  I vote primarily by the character of the candidate, and thus far Cruz seems to have a character which reflects proper upbringing, honesty and  political courage.

Bugflipper;
  Contrary to what many think, the electoral college is a GOOD thing.  Today we are already too much influenced by what the large cities prefer.  If you happen to live in one of the severely divided states, where the big cities rule the roost and force the rest of the citizens of the state to accept city type mentality across the state, where it is often very unwelcome.  Ask people in Oregon, Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Colorado and California for instance.
  The electors are appointed at the rate of 1 @ congressman and 2 @ senator, thus spreading out the voting representation somewhat.  Without the electoral college, two or three large metropolitan areas would virtually run the entire country. Or at least the Liberal east and Left coasts would take charge and the rest can have zip!

Take for instance New York State, where the electoral college has no effect.  In the picture below, the blue area has more than half the votes (many by folks not putting into the system) yet they have enough votes to push their ideas upon the rest of the state ( e.g. NY "safe" act)..and then tax wise, treat the rest of us like a cash cow!
  I don't believe we all want NY City, Los Angeles, Chicago & Atlanta  ruling the rest of us..especially with such states as Alaska, Montana, Vermont and the Dakotas having virtually no say toward national issues..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 02:55:59 AM »
If it weren't for the "electoral college" the populate states of NY and others would win every election. As far as Ted Cruz, he hasn't said he was running, and the Republican Party leaders, (McCain and others)' will trash him out of the running, provided he wants to run.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 02:56:48 AM »
IG I don't like it one bit. I do understand the intent of it that people weren't educated enough. Transportation to the polls was an issue back then. And not allowing say Chicago to dictate what was best for the good people of rural IL. But in my mind it's just become a facade. Districts are changed on a whim to secure better portions of liberal voting bases.

Looking at the demographics of the 2008 election when you zoom in on the blue states virtually every county was solid red besides one or two in almost every state. The big city or two in each state dictated the outcome. Not being a whiner because it didn't go my way. That's just how it is, in theory the electoral college is supposed to prevent that from happening but it doesn't. It seldom matches the popular vote anymore, whereas they both used to be pretty close, even looking back into the 1800's. I do totally understand your prospective on it and had the same opinion until the Clinton era when they started changing the game up.
Have a good day.
Molon labe

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:33 AM »
I think it is more than obvious that much of the electorate of this country is too dumb to be allowed to directly pick the President.  If the reporting is even close to the actual votes cast, look who got the most votes.  Okay, the first time around, you have to allow for a poor opponent and--well maybe somewhat on the second time around, but for crying out loud, everyone had to know that the lying sack of manure in the White House was a communist and in my book, that means most of the voters are definitely too dumb to be allowed to directly choose.  Not that the electoral college changed anything.

However, though the electoral college failed to save us the agony of enduring the worst disaster that has ever been inflicted on this country, it still to some degree forces candidates to pay some attention to the general population and not just pander to a few big cities and a handful of states.  I'm not foolish enough to believe the system will ever be improved, but I am certain that eliminating the electoral college would be an enormous mistake.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 10:58:48 AM »
IG I don't like it one bit. I do understand the intent of it that people weren't educated enough. Transportation to the polls was an issue back then. And not allowing say Chicago to dictate what was best for the good people of rural IL. But in my mind it's just become a facade. Districts are changed on a whim to secure better portions of liberal voting bases.

Looking at the demographics of the 2008 election when you zoom in on the blue states virtually every county was solid red besides one or two in almost every state. The big city or two in each state dictated the outcome. Not being a whiner because it didn't go my way. That's just how it is, in theory the electoral college is supposed to prevent that from happening but it doesn't. It seldom matches the popular vote anymore, whereas they both used to be pretty close, even looking back into the 1800's. I do totally understand your prospective on it and had the same opinion until the Clinton era when they started changing the game up.
Have a good day.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exactly what I was pointing out, look at my own state of NY.. that small blue are has more votes than the rest of the state put together.. that place and 3-4 cities across the state are the boss.  For instance, a lot of low cost electricity is generated at the Niagara power facility on the far western end of the state, but due to the big city running the state legislature, that cheap electric is diverted mostly to the blue areas.. the rest of us pay more.  It has been so crooked here, that there is a secession movement (red counties, new state) and I hope it succeeds.  Tough row though, since the blue areas with the votes are simply parasites on the rest of us.
  It was only a couple years ago when Hillary was demanding the end of the electoral college.. so what does that tell us?