Author Topic: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad- learn English or GET OUT!  (Read 3714 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad- learn English or GET OUT!
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2014, 04:29:08 AM »
I read but don't reply often on this site.  My mom is a 89 year old American who is 100% Norwegian descendant.  Her parents were born in Norway and I remember my grandmother's Norwegian accent. She spoke better Norwegian than English.  My mom wishes she had someone to speak Norwegian with today because that is what she spoke as a child in her home.  I think we get to bent out shape with this English speaking stuff.  Immigrants hang on to the traditions from their homeland.  My mom still makes lutefisk and flatbread every year and is proud of her Norwegian heritage.  And my dad was in the US Navy for 28 years.  He was involved in Operation Crossroad and retired as a chief petty officier.  I thought it was a nice ad.

very nice testimony.

IMO, FWIW, i believe that retaining one's heritage, language and customs in their homes and lives IS acceptable, commendable and understandable. but one must also make an effort to blend with their NEW choice of life.

having lived in socal most of my adult life, i have witnessed the Latin culture that lives within become highly aggressive to the point of being bullish and overbearing in that they DEMAND the ways of another country/culture be taught and be forced on all other members of  the community............

Well, there you go.  One group assimilated and the other doesn't.  What's the difference?  Look at the countries each group came from.   ;)

It looks like the more of a craphole and alien culture they come from the louder and more obnoxious their behavior.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad- learn English or GET OUT!
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2014, 06:16:22 AM »
I read but don't reply often on this site.  My mom is a 89 year old American who is 100% Norwegian descendant.  Her parents were born in Norway and I remember my grandmother's Norwegian accent. She spoke better Norwegian than English.  My mom wishes she had someone to speak Norwegian with today because that is what she spoke as a child in her home.  I think we get to bent out shape with this English speaking stuff.  Immigrants hang on to the traditions from their homeland.  My mom still makes lutefisk and flatbread every year and is proud of her Norwegian heritage.  And my dad was in the US Navy for 28 years.  He was involved in Operation Crossroad and retired as a chief petty officier.  I thought it was a nice ad.

very nice testimony.

IMO, FWIW, i believe that retaining one's heritage, language and customs in their homes and lives IS acceptable, commendable and understandable. but one must also make an effort to blend with their NEW choice of life.

having lived in socal most of my adult life, i have witnessed the Latin culture that lives within become highly aggressive to the point of being bullish and overbearing in that they DEMAND the ways of another country/culture be taught and be forced on all other members of  the community............

Well, there you go.  One group assimilated and the other doesn't.  What's the difference?  Look at the countries each group came from.   ;)

It looks like the more of a craphole and alien culture they come from the louder and more obnoxious their behavior.

No kidding.  Well it's not PC, but the reason there's a difference here is IQ's are different.  Changing how we think about diversity doesn't fix what millions of years of evolution produced, a difference in groups.  One also out reproduces the other so if you bring them together society will turn into a Third World.  I know you say, "Yuk", but at least Joe Biden has pointed out an obvious condition.  He complained about our airports looking Third World.  All he has to do is now change his nutty ideas about immigration that is mucking a good nation up. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.