Author Topic: Wood Stocks!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline pshaw

• Trade Count: (0)
Wood Stocks!
« on: February 20, 2004, 10:22:26 AM »
Anyone have the original wood stocks for sale/trade.  Would love to find a traditional straight stock for my .44 Handi.  Posted this earlier this morning but it never showed up.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Wood Stocks!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:47:46 AM »
Call NEF/H&R ((978) 632-9393) and ask for their parts catalog.  Or if you can describe what you want they will take your credit card number right there and ship it to you.  If you want pretty, the wood for the Buffalo Classic, checkered and ready to install, will set you back close to $100 for both stock & forearm.  You can get the laminated wood for less, or go down to the plain hardwood for around $30 (IIRC) for the butt.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline jim_in_fla

Wood Stocks!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 11:49:58 PM »
:D
pshaw, hope I'm not too late with this info. Brownells has all the 'OEM' H&R parts at good prices, service is great too. I've purchased a lot of parts from them, including factory original Marlin stocks.

Hope this helps.  :grin:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=676&m=6&mn=H%26R%c2%ae&model=SB2+Handi-Rifle%2fH%26R+Ultra+
jim
Veteran
Semper Fi

Offline pshaw

Wood Stocks!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 04:33:14 AM »
My wood stock desire has  been solved.  "Ranger" from this forum just UPS'd me a  great looking set of stocks.  He had changed his to synthetic and said he didn't need them anymore.  Thanks Ranger.