Author Topic: How the Navy Seals would take over the USA  (Read 447 times)

Offline Larry L

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
How the Navy Seals would take over the USA
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
Thought this was an interesting read. If the Seals were given the task of taking over the USA, here's how they would do it- an EMP. Just think, no electricity, no water, no car, no lights, no refrigeration, no A/C, no alarm systems, no banking, no fuel, no groceries, no freezer, no communications, to list a few a things. It wouldn't take much for a foreign Gov't like the Iranians to put a load of SCUDS on a freighter, drive it into Charleston Harbor and send them towards the industrial north and the central US. Wouldn't take many either. Kinda hard to stop a freighter when we have next to no Navy that actively patrols for things like this. An old freighter flying a US flag or flag of Canada would likely get thru any Coast Guard.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2014/02/20/us-navy-seals-on-power-grid-attack-%E2%80%98a-carbon-copy%E2%80%99-of-how-we-would-do-it/

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: How the Navy Seals would take over the USA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
I would think the Coast Guard would check on things like this ? Also agents in locations where they would ship from would be watching. But in fairness they can't catch all. EMP would cause problems but like the black out in the north east it would be over come . Things would be different but as the song said "a country boy can survive" and emp does not effect anno and guns so there would be security. Food would be the problem and that could be the critical factor. I would think an American population dividing and taking up sides would open the door for foreign governments to come in under the guise of help with intent to take over might be a big problem also. Keep in mind communism is an easy govt. to set up. It was made to be that way. IE; put someone in power and kill off opposition .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »
The biggest issue would be food. Two weeks and were out
In the stores. Can't use electronics so couldn't buy it anyway.
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 10:47:06 PM »
Food--that's what our guns and ammo are for.  The first order of bidness would be to drastically reduce the demand.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 03:01:31 AM »
I suspect the "fly over states" might fare better

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:08:17 AM »
Guys - please!  The Seals vastly over-estimate both themselves and their abilities.  Yes, a emp would work but not for long, same with a bunch of missles, even nukes.  It would raise havoc for sure, if it ever got started, but they would be stopped pretty quickly if not well beforehand and it wouldn't be by a bunch of Marines, either.  Good ol joe citizen would put up with that nonsense for just so long and then that would be it - the ng can pick up the pieces. 

The toughest part would be the aftermath.  Martial law would be established which is probably what their true focus would be - to establish martial law and put the military in charge until the government can get straightened out and in those areas hardest hit, emergency services would have to be provided.  Many areas could expect to be lawless and when food begins to run out you can expect trouble but this won't last forever and I seriously doubt the US will revert to a bunch of separatist areas.  Whether DC gets taken out or not, a central federal gov't will continue to exist attempt to regain control.  State gov'ts will marshall emergency services and, one way or another, law and order will be retored.  This doesn't mean for a moment that you should not be prepared for a series of disasters or that you should not have sufficient means to feed and defend yourselves. Not for a moment.

Oh yeah - I don't care how many Navy Seals they think it would take to bring somethibng dumbazz like this off but they can't be too awful smart or they would have learned from my war that when they are standing in the door of a flying airplane, wearing a parachute, and feeling my boot on their butt, that they stop singing Anchors Away or Aweigh or whatever and keep their mouths shut or get a mouthful of bird poo.  They also seem to have forgotten, that to those of us trained to survive, a seal is part the of the food chain.... Oh yeah, Starkist.............

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 05:14:21 AM »
 I would bet the Sherriff's across the nation would step up and do their part to control lawlessness .

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »
Shootall:  absolutely.  In this state, the Sheriff is the highest elected official in the county and is the only elected official with the authority to 'raise a posse' to establish law and order and I fully agree that here they would act most appropriately.