Author Topic: Biden says obamacare will LET women quit working.  (Read 343 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Biden says obamacare will LET women quit working.
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/27/biden-to-women-thanks-to-obamacare-can-quit-working/?intcmp=latestnews

Biden to women: Thanks to ObamaCare, you can quit workingPublished February 27, 2014FoxNews.com            Vice President Biden is under fire for suggesting working women would benefit from ObamaCare by being able to quit their jobs to spend time at home.
"How many of you are single women with children in a dead-end job?" Biden asked, during an appearance on "The View" on Tuesday. "You're there because of your health insurance. You'd rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple years with your child. [Do] you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom.

The VP has been hit as out of touch for the remarks.
"It's like 'Joe, are you living in an altered reality?'"conservative blogger Crystal Wright told Fox News on Wednesday.
"The vice president's spin is essentially 'Your house is burning down, but that's OK, you'll have less house work to do,'" Heather Higgins, president and CEO of Independent Women's Voice, said Thursday.
But not everyone was so critical.
Caitlin Huey-Burns, a political reporter at Real Clear Politics, defended the remarks on Fox News. "I think he was trying to talk about, the way Democrats are talking about, giving more opportunity to perhaps not be in a job if you don't like it, because you're dependent on health care, and enter the workforce in a different way," she said.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline two-blocked

Re: Biden says obamacare will LET women quit working.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:54:30 AM »
Good for him. Stay at home moms are a one of the traditional old time family values that made America great!

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:48:02 PM »
I wonder why those women were working in the first place?
Heck some of them were working and didn't have insurance...now why do you think they were working?
Hmmmmmm?

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »
I say B***S***!!! They wanted equal rights, tell them to get off their fat A** and get a job! ;D They had their opportunity in the 50's and early 60"s. They didn't want to stay home and take care of the family. Go out and get a job, and while your at it, bring me a beer!!  :o gypsyman  (hope you guys can understand sarcasm)
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »
You do all understand that Joe Biden is mentally handicapped and it isn't kind to make fun of the mentally challenged.  That said, if he were forced to take the reins of government--should something untoward fall upon Hussein--I'm confident that Ole Joe would be an improvement.
Swingem

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
Stay at home moms are a one of the traditional old time family values that made America great!

Not stay at home SINGLE moms that are on welfare.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline barabbas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:03:31 AM »
What a Neanderthal.  I wonder how many more segments of society he wants to stay at home as well?  I suppose this is part of the Democrats War on Women.  Not only have em thrown out of work due to a bad economy caused by the Dems., but then tell em to stay there.  This all from a peach of a guy who has made his multi million dollar career off the backs of the tax payer and telling other people what they need to do.  You know it occurs to what I used to say when Obama made his stupid quip about Republicans driving the car into the ditch.  'The Democrats dug the ditch'.  Now they have the gall to blame others for going into it.
"I'm not someone to be as good as.  I'm someone to be better than."

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »
It's an election year and women are their voters. Rest assured that this is not the last magnanimous promise made to women. Others have been made consistently since before Obama took office. Women win elections for the democrats, and anyone thst thinks the republicans are in good shape in the next elections is a bit delusional.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
Good for him. Stay at home moms are a one of the traditional old time family values that made America great!

Please stop huffing glue.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline AndyHass

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:36 AM »
1) This argument would make an iota of sense if he was talking about women in a two-earmer household, but he is not...he's talking about single women.  In a single woman household healthcare is not the reason they are working, they need to earn money to support all other needs.  So, what, is he assuming they are on welfare at taxpayers' expense?
2)  I doubt few taxpayers are happy that people have the option to quit their jobs because the taxpayers are subsidizing their healthcare.  I know I'm not.  Fix the cost problem in the system, don't socialize it and make it everyone's problem. 

Offline don29

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »
what this country needs is $1.00 per gallon gasoline/diesel...again... :o 8) ??? ::)