Author Topic: It looks like.  (Read 541 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
It looks like.
« on: November 28, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »
That we might have our own spaceship again very soon. Boeing is about to test its  Starliner crew capsule.
SpaceX is cheaper and has already had a successful test. But they are new, NASA has been with Boeing
a long time and never had a LEM failure during the Apollo missions.

https://www.space.com/drone-video-shows-starliner-meeting-rocket.html

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
Re: It looks like.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
 This is an old report if you look at the dates. But there's never been any reports on how the test launch
worked out. Their website looks more like this.  America needs a spaceship and we need it now.

http://www.boeing.com/space/starliner/launch/index.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk87kj42O5gIV4f_jBx185gN0EAAYASAAEgLE-fD_BwE

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 01:11:49 PM »

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 07:01:51 AM »
I saw a blurb on the nightly news awhile back that said NASA was going to use our white elephant in the desert, the Spaceport, for future work. I can't find anything on the internet to confirm that but it would be nice if this hole in the desert into which we pour taxpayer dollars were to generate some revenue for a change. Supposedly Virgin Galactic was coming back also but nothing has happened with that bit of news either.

If I were a betting man I would bet that nothing changes and that place continues to just sit there consuming money that could be put to better uses. Hell, it could go to funding our other white elephant, the Rail Runner that only a small part of the state gets to use but the whole state has to pay for. More of Fat Bill Richardson's legacie.