Author Topic: Browning t bolt 22  (Read 2954 times)

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
Browning t bolt 22
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »
I was looking at the browning t bolt, 22. Has anyone had any experience with one? How do they shoot? Quality? Or any other info. Thanks

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Browning t bolt 22
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
The new Japanese-made T-Bolts look very nice, but I've never bought/shot one, since I already have a Belgium-made T-Bolt that's pretty accurate.

Although I've been sorely tempted to buy a magnum version - never before available in the T-Bolt.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
Thanks rangr44 for the info. I dont know how to go, either with the magnum or LR or some other gun.

Offline Flip G

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:11:20 AM »
briarpatch,
                 I have a new T-Bolt .22mag and I am very happy with it. It shoots Winchester Supreme 34 grn. the best of all I have tried so far. I wish trigger pull would adjust down a little lighter but it does break like glass. It is a very accurate rifle right out of the box.
                                                            Flip G

Offline Hank in Indiana

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »
You might want to research the Salt wood stocks and make sure you don't get one. They ruined alot of quality guns before they stopped using them. I think that the T-bolt was one of the chosen few.

Offline OK hunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »
You might want to research the Salt wood stocks and make sure you don't get one. They ruined alot of quality guns before they stopped using them. I think that the T-bolt was one of the chosen few.
That was true on the Belgian made guns but the new models, those made in Japan, don't have that issue.  I have a 22 mag version of the new model and reall like it.  I really like their helix magazine too.

Yeah, I'm a rifle looney

Offline Groutbrook

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:58 AM »
I have owned an old T-Bolt since about 1970 made in Belgium .22 long rifle.  It has a 5 shot clip and a standard peep sight and no checkering on the stock.  At 40-0 yards it is very accurate for household pests around my house.

I am not the best shot, but its fun to shoot and cheap ammo to boot.  Great .22. ;)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 02:00:43 AM »
I've been curious about the t-bolt in .17 HMR as well. 

Offline Singlebarrel

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:28:34 AM »
I am a big fan of Browning centerfire rifles and needed a 22 Magnum so went to purchase a T-Bolt.  However, I did a side comparison in the gun store of the T-Bolt and the Ruger 77, both in 22 Magnum and came away with the Ruger.  The T-Bolt did not feel right.  Felt too light, with the perception that it was almost flimsy.  The T-Bolt has the reputation of being a fine rifle, but I just could not warm up to it.  The Ruger felt solid and "substantial".  After shooting the Ruger I have no regrets. 

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:57:06 AM »
  The new T-bolts are beautiful, but I believe that they have a plastic trigger guard. Arghhh! Beautiful walnut against a plastic trigger guard.   I guess they just couldn't afford an extra two dollars to make it out of adonized aluminum.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 04:41:38 AM »
Manny,

Shoot they make whole pistols out of that space age palmers. Glock being one example. They hold up pretty well. I've used several.  :o

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »

Yep, I know that the polymers will hold up.  But I grew up in the 1960s to 70s, when the only firearms that had plastic trigger guards were the cheapest of the cheap H&R single shots and a few of the crummiest Savages.   So whenever I see a plastic guard, I get a flashback to that and don't want it.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 04:31:29 AM »
Well I grew up in the 50s & 60s and everything was pretty much steel. Think Heavy. I like light now at my advanced age.  ;)

I used to hunt a 10 lb. rifle with no problems. Not anymore.  ;D

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline OK hunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
I have a 17 HMR and a 22 mag T-Bolt.  Both are excellent shooters.  The 17 HMR is capable of shooting really small groups at 100 yds. 
I also have A 22 LR waiting at my FFL for pickup.  I am very fond of  the rifle and that they are available in LH models makes it especially nice for me.
Yeah, I'm a rifle looney

Offline Singlebarrel

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
I have broken too many plastic trigger guards.  The latest a few weeks back on a Savage Model 93 Bolt Action.  Tried to get a replacement from the Savage Website.  They show it, but could not deliver for some reason.  Hope to get one eventually.  I am sure someone can make a good polymer trigger guard for bolt action rifles and shotguns that would be difficult to break. But, the trigger guards I have broken were just cheap plastic.  A good one probably cost too much, like metal.