Author Topic: Let the grandson shoot today  (Read 892 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Let the grandson shoot today
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »
Last night my 12 year old grandson asked me when I was gonna let him shoot again. I told him whenever he wanted but he had to be down here by or before 8:00 cuz it was too dang hot for me after that.

This morning around 6:45 while I was out on the porch drinking my coffee he showed up ready to shoot.

So I loaded up a variety of guns and ammo and we went up to my backyard range for him to shoot.

First up he wanted to shoot one of my ARs so I took my Adams Arms gas pistol gun with Burris 3X prism sight on it up for him. It's one of my home defense ARs. We set up some water filled gallon milk jugs and I turned him loose with a magazine of soft nose 55 grain ammo. He kinda liked what it did tho those jugs.

Next up I broke out my 3" S&W M60 with adjustable sights and laser grips. I first let him shoot a couple cylinders of .38 Special ammo and then asked him if he was ready for the real stuff. I loaded him up with full magnum level ammo with 158 JHPs and he sure knew the difference. He enjoyed it but sure took awhile to get thru a couple cylinders of that.

I then let him shoot one of my S&W M&P .40s and followed that up by letting him shoot an M&P .45acp. He seemed to enjoy both of those but said both sure kicked a lot more than the 9mm he had shot before.

Last up with the S&W M69 a 37 oz .44 magnum. I didn't let him shoot any magnum level loads in it as even I don't do that anymore. He only shot some cowboy action level .44 specials from Winchester and enjoyed it a lot.

He had a lot of fun and got to shoot a wider variety of guns and ammo than he ever has on a single day before.

Last time he had shot his mom let him shoot a 9mm and one shot from a .40 I think he said. He had shot my Rossi M92 .357 also either last time or the time before when they were out.

He's been shooting since he was about 4 years old when I got him his first .22 rifle. He now owns 3 .22s to include an AR, a Ruger Bearcat and the old 12 gauge pump gun that belonged to my grand father when I was about Wyatt's age. Of course all of them stay at my house but since the range is here that's the best place for them anyway. All the ammo is here also. He does like to go thru my ammo just like his dad, Matt does.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Let the grandson shoot today
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »
my grandkids are getting to the age that there more interested in the opposite sex then guns. THey used to want to shoot all the time but haven't heard a peep in 2 years from them about shooting. So cherish the time Bill.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Let the grandson shoot today
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 03:41:53 AM »
my grandkids are getting to the age that there more interested in the opposite sex then guns. THey used to want to shoot all the time but haven't heard a peep in 2 years from them about shooting. So cherish the time Bill.
  Our local Legion post sponsors one each of a Boy Scout and a Cub Scout ..post, troop, den..or whatever. One day I asked the local Boy scout leader how things were going with the troop!  He said they do quite well , until in the later teen years, many of them are suddenly overcome by fumes...

....Gas fumes... and perfumes !  ;D

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..