Author Topic: never had this happen before  (Read 995 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
never had this happen before
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:15:34 AM »
had a 1x6 30mm vortex that the focus lens came loose on. It was mounted on my ar10. I took it off (the mount too) and shipped it to vortex. they sent me a new scope. Slapped on the mount and slapped on the new scope yesterday morning and went to the range. FIRST 5 shots went into just under an in 1.5 inches high a 100 yards dead center windage. Couldn't believe it so I gave it one click up (1/2moa)shot 5 more, same thing 2 inches high. Put the gun back in the jeep and took the next gun out. Sure wish it was that easy every time!!
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: never had this happen before
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 04:06:22 AM »
  Yeah; that was slick...guess everything just "lined up"..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 04:27:23 AM »
I've had that a time or two over the years but I've had them require more movement than the scope has more times than had it be where it should. Burris signature rings with the offset inserts were the only answer several times. I had one even they didn't give enough adjustment for.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »
I did a ping over there, checking them out.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 11:11:53 PM »
I've had that a time or two over the years but I've had them require more movement than the scope has more times than had it be where it should. Burris signature rings with the offset inserts were the only answer several times. I had one even they didn't give enough adjustment for.
ive seen the same and have even had to shim some to work. One ruger round top 77 338 that I had had to send in because it the windage wouldn't adjust enough do the the poor drilling job they did. they ended up replacing the gun.
blue lives matter

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 02:39:29 AM »
It doesn't happen like that very often, but when it does........NICE!
Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!