Author Topic: NYC gun permit apps soar, but only 13% being approved.  (Read 648 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
NYC gun permit apps soar, but only 13% being approved.
« on: December 24, 2020, 06:09:02 AM »

NYC gun permit apps soar, but only 13% being approved.
« on: Today at 12:06:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-gun-permit-applications-nypd-approves-only-13

New York City gun permit applications soar — but the NYPD approves only 13%
The dramatic drop in approvals comes amid an alarming spike in shootings
By Kevin Sheehan, Tina Moore, Bruce Golding | New York Post

Fox News Flash top headlines for December 24
The Big Apple’s staggering surge in shootings amid the COVID-19 pandemic has led nearly 9,000 terrified New Yorkers to apply for gun permits — but the NYPD has signed off on fewer than 1,100, The Post has learned.

The 8,088 applications for first-time pistol and rifle permits submitted since March 22 — when coronavirus-related restrictions went into effect — represent a threefold-plus increase over the 2,562 submitted between March 22 and Dec. 31, 2019, NYPD statistics obtained by The Post this week show.

But only 1,087 applications were approved, far less than the 1,778 granted during the same period last year, according to the official data.

VIRGINIA DEMOCRATS' PUSH FOR ASSAULT WEAPON BAN LOSES MOMENTUM

Meanwhile, the approval rate since March 22 is less than 14%, compared to nearly 70% last year.

The dramatic drop comes despite an alarming spike in shootings, which are up almost 98% this year, and murders, which have risen about 39%, according to NYPD data.

Philadelphia faces lawsuit for closing gun permit unit Video
Recent weeks have also seen a series of disturbing incidents that led one police source to say that "it’s not surprising more people want guns."

"People are getting pushed on the subway tracks. People are getting robbed. It’s because crime is going up," the cop said.

"People want to protect themselves."

GUN CONTROL GROUP FILES SUIT AGAINST 'GHOST GUN' MANUFACTURERS

Gun store owners said they’ve been hearing complaints from would-be customers whose applications seem to have disappeared into limbo at the NYPD’s License Division, which was rocked by a corruption scandal in 2017.

"They just stopped doing the investigations and the processing," said a city gun dealer who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"It’s a slowdown across the board. It’s every person that applies. Every day, I’m speaking to frustrated people."

Andy Chernoff, who’s owned Coliseum Gun Traders in Uniondale, Long Island, since 1979, said, "If I had to rely on New York City business, I’d be out of business."

"I’ve never seen it this bad," he said.

5 million Americans purchase their first firearm amid pandemic, spike in crimeVideo
"This isn’t going away anytime soon. I bet these people don’t get their licenses for a year and a half."

An NYPD source familiar with the situation said the License Division was too short-staffed to deal with the flood of new applications and also blamed an unofficial reluctance to process them.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"The politicians are generally against giving licenses, to begin with, so it’s not a priority," the source said.

An NYPD spokesperson wasn’t able to immediately answer questions about the disparity.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
Re: NYC gun permit apps soar, but only 13% being approved.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 06:54:15 AM »
It looks like people are trying to do it legally. The gangs and drug dealers dang sure don't.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »
Are you surprised?  It's New York....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »
  I endorsed 2 permit applications recently, and was told of several more..none having any trouble.  ...But of course, none of them had criminal records!
  Our county clerk is very helpful with people who wish to apply for a carry permit.  My grandson and his wife applied about 2 months ago, the papers were returned accepted, within 2 weeks!
  The county clerk's office sets up their computers at gun shows, to help handgun buyers put new purchases on their permits immediately !
  The counties that drag their feet, throw roadblocks in the way..and generally discourage CC applications, are all counties with cities in them...  And the bigger the city, the bigger the problems when trying to get the permit!

I can carry anywhere in NY.State..outside NY City.  The criminals are just about the only ones  carrying guns there !

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 01:48:52 AM »
Dallas with all its problems is moving my way. 1200 new houses within the next 3 years less than a half mile of my house, on land I hunt.
I'm going to the canyons and a low population county.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 07:50:58 AM »
Dallas with all its problems is moving my way. 1200 new houses within the next 3 years less than a half mile of my house, on land I hunt.
I'm going to the canyons and a low population county.

I sure can't blame you for that!  I'd do the same.. and you should be clear in the panhandle for years to come.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..