Author Topic: F&S Poll Results  (Read 725 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
F&S Poll Results
« on: April 10, 2004, 09:29:14 PM »
Some of these answers show that the average hunter is not up to snuff on gun issues.  

[/url]
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

F&S Poll Results
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 09:40:55 PM »
There was one other gun question and I will type it as I do not want to add the whole page. 15. Do you consider assault type rifles legitimate hunting rifles? 67% no and 33% yes. Goes to show you the average hunter according to this poll does not think of gun rights like they should and that is our biggest problem trying to get these folks to see the light. Jim

Offline jh45gun

F&S Poll Results
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 03:10:39 PM »
As far as the gun questions goes in this survey it backed up my claims that that average hunter in the US has his head stuck up his butt when it comes to gun issues. This survey was made by 2897 readers of F&S magazine. Reading this really should cause some concern. It did me, but I do not know what we can do with it as most of these guys have the attitude it will never happen here as far as gun confiscation goes or severe restrictions on owning fire arms.  

In the hunting poll/ survey in F&S in july one question was Do you consider Assault-style rifles to be legitimate hunting rifles? 67% no and 33% yes out of 2,897 readers polled. Another question was Do you think people who want to buy shotguns and rifles should have back ground checks? 66% yes 34% no. DO you belong to the NRA 57% no 43% yes. Which issue is more important when you make your voting decision 64% equally important 23% gun rights 12% land conservation so we gained a bit here but then What following factors is the biggest threat to hunting in America 41% shrinking wildlife habitat 25% anti gun legislation 22% animal rights movement 5% hunting laws 3% wild life disease 3% poachers. Now with that last one I would worry about my guns being taken away before habitat even though both are important but with out guns we will not be able to hunt anyway but most hunters just do not get it!! This poll is alarming and also proof the average hunter needs to get more involved with gun issues before it is too late.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
F&S Poll Results
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 03:13:04 PM »
It seems like some "hunters" think as long as they don't bother my old duck gun or deer rifle we don't need those "other" guns. Once the liberals and anti-gun supporters got their foot in the door they will not be satisfied until all we have left is sticks and spears. MAKE NO MISTAKE, THEY ARE COMING FOR ALL YOUR GUNS! :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline jh45gun

F&S Poll Results
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 07:15:20 PM »
The few million of us who belong to the NRA, GOA ect and belong to these gun sites know they are coming for our guns,  but how do we get these other folks to get their heads out of their butts and join the rest of us????????????????????????????

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
F&S Poll Results
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 02:14:12 AM »
Advertise?....The best thing we can do now to help keep our guns in our hands is to vote Republican and to support the appointment of judicial nominees made by our Republican President. We should also support our Republican Governors in those states in which judges are appointed and by voting for republican judges in states where they are elected. In the long run, our judges, especially Federal Supreme Court and Federal Appeals Court judges, are more important to preserving our rights than any other group of people, as well as the NRA. Join if your not a member and vote "right", vote republican, and support your president and his judicial nominees....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jh45gun

F&S Poll Results
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 02:33:40 AM »
MSP I do that allready Vote Republican and support GWB and I bet the majority of us gun owners who are on these boards do the same even though I have seen some staunch democrats on some of these boards. Beats me how they can vote democrat and love guns. Well I can it is them guys who just do not get it that the liberals want our guns and liberals = democrats for the most part. I know their are exceptions on both sides but if you love your guns I agree vote Republican.  Jim

Offline magooch

F&S Poll Results
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 06:07:42 AM »
By all means--vote Republican, but don't count on the Republicans to always be on the right side of gun issues.  We must also follow up with lots of letters (e-mails) to our Congressmen, Senators, the President, Governors, and anyone else you can think of.  

Remind them that there are probably 80 million gun owners (don't know if that's the actual stats, but it sounds good) in this country and all of them are potential voters.  All we are asking is that they adhere to the Constitution and their oath of office, in which they pledge to do just that--abide by the Constitution, namely the Second Amendment.
Swingem

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
F&S Poll Results
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 06:53:16 AM »
You are so right magooch, we cannot count on all Republicans being on the right side of gun control all the time. What we can count on is all democrats being on the wrong side of gun control all the time and for confiscation all the time. We must stay involved and knowledgeable as well as continue to vote, we and our families and friends, to keep our heritage and our guns...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley