Author Topic: Coming to your town?  (Read 865 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Coming to your town?
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:09:22 AM »
...Or is it coming to a town near you?

Seattle was once considered a jewel on the west coast, now look at it !  Leftism has moved into, and taken over that place, there is apparently no civilization left in that rathole.
  The leftists must approve of this crap, since they are not acting to stop it!  In fact, it appears they promote it.

Watch whatever you can bear.  Check especially, starting at the 34 minute mark, where we can appreciate what goes on goes on directly in front of the courthouse.  Much goes on there..and very little to the good..

Here's a video by the local TV station   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw&t=2653s
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Coming to your town?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 05:26:57 AM »
I'm just about to fly out of Portland,  tent cities and garbage everywhere.  It literally looks like I'm in a third world country.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
  How did you happen to be in Portland...or do you mean you live there but are soon leaving?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 03:48:28 PM »
When the food shortages start it'll hit Atlanta and it's suburbs, and me and Nancy are as prepared as we can be.
Washed the air filter on the generator today and it purrs right along.
Nancy can fire 90 rounds before she has to reload a magazine, so........
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 06:33:49 AM »
  How did you happen to be in Portland...or do you mean you live there but are soon leaving?

I travel all over the country for work.  I live in rural Minnesota.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 07:48:10 AM »
...Or is it coming to a town near you?

Seattle was once considered a jewel on the west coast, now look at it !  Leftism has moved into, and taken over that place, there is apparently no civilization left in that rathole.
  The leftists must approve of this crap, since they are not acting to stop it!  In fact, it appears they promote it.

Watch whatever you can bear.  Check especially, starting at the 34 minute mark, where we can appreciate what goes on goes on directly in front of the courthouse.  Much goes on there..and very little to the good..

Here's a video by the local TV station   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw&t=2653s

How sad.  :'( the worst of human degradation.  The leftists do approve of it, since they are the ones that created it.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 05:49:58 PM »
I can sure second what was said about Portland, Oregon.  I don't live there, but I frequently drive down there for various reasons.  It was once a very attractive city, but the leftist liberal idiot Dummycratics have allowed the city to sink into the city version of a sh*thole country.  Drugged up homeless good-for-nothing trash have taken over all parts of the city.  The useless mayor should be hanged and burned for allowing this crap to persist. 

What is really unbelievable is how the citizens just seem to accept it as if this is normal.  It is disgraceful beyond belief and makes one want to just take a flame thrower to the whole mess.

On a much smaller scale there is some of the same mess in our community, but so far the authorities have tried to keep a lid on it by providing an out of the way spot for these dregs to congregate.  The cops have had to run these bums out of the parks where they will try to use the bathrooms as a roof over their heads.  I blame the do-gooders at least in part, because they want to feel sorry for the druggies. 

The way things are going around here with the price of housing so expensive, I think the problem might start to affect a lot of people who can't afford a place to live.  Can you imagine a 520 sq. ft. house built a hundred years ago on a tiny lot, valued at $200,000.  You're lucky to find a place to rent for less than $1500 a month and that doesn't cover utilities. 

None of this is to say that things are going to ruin around here though.  If you want to work and have any skills, the pay is very good and business is doing just fine.  I find it hard to feel sorry for most of the bums as they have grown up in the best country in the world and have had every chance in the world to make something of themselves, but chose not to.
Swingem

Offline ironglows

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 03:04:19 AM »

I travel all over the country for work.  I live in rural Minnesota.

May be cooler in Minnesota than in Portland, but rural Minnesota is undoubtedly, a much more wholesome place to live.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 11:11:37 AM »
It may not happen till I'm
gone, but everyone in the
nation will eventually be
affected by all this mess
going on. I will say that
IMO the farther away from
a town you are, and the
farther away your closest
neighbor is the longer it'll
take to be on your doorstep.
But it will get there
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 11:47:53 AM »
Which was one of my reasons for moving back to west Texas.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 12:45:47 PM »
Which was one of my reasons for moving back to west Texas.

It'll get there eventually.
Maybe not before we're all worm dirt,
but it will. Your grandchildren will see
it unfortunately.

I can remember the first coworker I had
from up around the river. Drove from
denison (?) every morning. I was amazed.
Then,  the first one from across the river.
Don't remember the town, but from Oklahoma
to DFW every morning.  Amazing.
One place here a while back had em from
all along up that way. Bonham , Savoy, Paris,
Gainesville, Telephone, Pottsboro,
Even had 3 or 4 friends that rode together
from Clarksville
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 01:43:31 PM »
Yep, and their still doin it.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 01:23:34 AM »
  I have a friend who was a construction machine operator, combat engineer with the Army in Vietnam.  So after discharge, he stayed an operating engineer.
  Much of his work took him to the nearest city..about 50 miles distant.  One day, one of his fellow engineers asked him why he didn't just move to the city...or at least one of the nearby suburbs..

His answer was simple..  "If you have to ask that question, you just don't understand..and there is no point in my trying to explain"!

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 03:03:55 AM »
That this country has been on the decline for decades should be obvious to anyone paying a little attention.
That we just encountered a cliff on the way down, should reveal itself shortly.

The lesser of two evils voting that EVERYONE has participated in for the last 70 years is how we got here, so collectively everyone should just shut up and enjoy the fruits of their lack of effort in candidate selection.

The lesser of two evils "excrements" kinda piled up over the years while collectively, everyone was enjoying their life, voting the lesser, and not paying attention, while folks we put in office were giving away our country.

So now, here we are, enjoy, and stop whining.

Offline Casull

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 10:08:41 AM »
That this country has been on the decline for decades should be obvious to anyone paying a little attention.

The lesser of two evils voting that EVERYONE has participated in for the last 70 years is how we got here, so collectively everyone should just shut up and enjoy the fruits of their lack of effort in candidate selection.

The lesser of two evils "excrements" kinda piled up over the years while collectively, everyone was enjoying their life, voting the lesser, and not paying attention, while folks we put in office were giving away our country.

Now, now, Dee.  Isn't whining very similar to b*tching?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglows

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 11:37:27 AM »
 Evidently, most of us here, are just average Joes..working daily for a living, not having time to push our way into political positions.  I suppose we could collectively, all be blamed, but let us look at the average citizen/voter, which I assume nearly all of us here are...and none of us important "movers and shakers"...

The "lesser of two evils" crowd voted for George H Bush and Bob Dole, rather than to vote for Bill & Hillary.
   Were we really much better off with Bill & Hillary running the show?

The "lesser of two evils" crowd also voted for GW Bush instead of Al Gore or John Kerry..  Would we have been far better off, had  Gore taken office...to be followed by Kerry?

Then came 2008-2012..admittedly poor choices..McCain & Romney.   ...But with those who would never vote for the  "lesser of two evils" staying home;  ..were we truly better off with Obama leading the country?

No need to answer...just contemplate !

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 01:18:29 PM »

Now, now, Dee.  Isn't whining very similar to b*tching?

Casull, go back and look. I confessed to bitchen. 8)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »
Evidently, most of us here, are just average Joes..working daily for a living, not having time to push our way into political positions.  I suppose we could collectively, all be blamed, but let us look at the average citizen/voter, which I assume nearly all of us here are...and none of us important "movers and shakers"...

The "lesser of two evils" crowd voted for George H Bush and Bob Dole, rather than to vote for Bill & Hillary.
   Were we really much better off with Bill & Hillary running the show?

The "lesser of two evils" crowd also voted for GW Bush instead of Al Gore or John Kerry..  Would we have been far better off, had  Gore taken office...to be followed by Kerry?

Then came 2008-2012..admittedly poor choices..McCain & Romney.   ...But with those who would never vote for the  "lesser of two evils" staying home;  ..were we truly better off with Obama leading the country?

No need to answer...just contemplate !
This is how I have always looked at it in the past.
I can’t imagine Gore followed by Kerry.
At least with W We warded off communism for 8 years.
Then Trump brought freedom and prosperity for 4 years.
Now it’s full blown communism with no more SCOTUS or elections.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 04:12:40 PM »
When this country elected Osama Obama, I thought we had hit rock bottom.  Now we have plunged way below rock bottom with the dumbest, crookedest poorest excuse for a chief executive (President?) that could ever be contemplated.  Come on man; we should be able to do better than this with our eyes plugged and ears blinded.  But here's the big but: You can't do better until it's the people who elect our leaders and not the people and machines that count the vote.  I don't believe the poopulation has slid this far into the manure pile; it's the dummycratic Marxists who have used every illegal trick in the book to do this to our country.  The only chance we have for salvation will be if Ole Joe and Kommielaw screw it up so bad that people demand to see them swing.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 04:20:28 PM »
These guys ooze to the top because nobody checks their voting records. Collectively the "average voter" keys on "name recognition". Over, and over, and over.
Many voters key on 1 or 2 issues. Pseudo conservatives usually focus on the 2nd amendment, or abortion. If the candidate says they pro 2nd amendment, or pro life. They get the vote. But these voters never check their candidates' voting record.
They just pull the lever over and over on what the candidate says, instead of what he does.
The name recognition grows, and next thing you know, hes running for the White House, and hasn't accomplished a dam thing.

Biden, the Bushes, Obama, the Clintons, the McCains, the Kennedys, and so on.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 12:33:02 AM »
Dee;  Kerry from Massachusetts, McCain from Arizona, Obama from Illinois, Clinton..Arkansas.. neither you or I lived in any of those states where we had any kind of choice in any election for them, before they got to a federal level.
  Matter of fact, even if You, I or any of our conservative friends here, lived in those states..we STILL would have been outvoted by the LIV ..or low information voter. 
    So, when any of them get to the federal level, all we can do is "vote defensively".  For instance, McCain was a p-- poor excuse for a conservative, but he surely was no Obama, so in a futile effort to keep Obama out of the oval office, we selected McCain..a rather Hobbsons choice, because it is all we were offered.

In my opinion, other than world communism, the most egregious of all is the media, whose duty it is to inform the people, despite their own, selfish agenda.

What's the alternative in a case like that..just let an Obama walk in unopposed?

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 04:38:24 AM »
There are three types  of people in this world. Those that "make" things happen, those that "watch" things happen, and those that "wonder" what happened.

Better "excuses" for lesser of two evils voting are a dime a dozen. Democracy is nothing more than "mob rule". Education of the voter, by the voter, takes effort.

New York city voters runs New York state . Chicago voters runs Illinois.

Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Utah voters,
at the present seem to run the country when it comes to elections.

ALL, are moved slowly to the front by the ignorant thru "name recognition ".

Offline ironglows

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 05:02:18 AM »
  Yes, NY State is one of the most disgusting situations that can be found..  A state filled with basically traditional, conservative voters, but punctuated by 3-4 large population cities which outvote 90% of the land area of the state.
  Places such as Illinois, Oregon, Washington all have, it seems, the same problem.

Yes, many politicians make their way up the parasite chain by way of family connections, notoriety, and a host of other handy crutches, but what are folks like you and I to do about that, except vote for the best candidate..or in some cases, vote for the one who is likely to do the least damage..

That is the essence of "defensive voting" , or 'lesser evil' if you choose..  Though not my first choice, I still consider it a better move than staying home on election day, and allowing the 'greater evil', to waltz in unopposed !

I should hope we can agree upon that !

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 05:21:39 AM »
It's a "collective problem". One group passively sits back, and with minimal effort, lets a small group of conservatives do their best to offer a so-so candidate with limited funding, and even less "limited enthusiasm", while the liberal machine organizes, gathers money, issues propaganda, leaves no stone unturned, buys or bribes ballot counters, judges,  ect. Anything to win.

While the conservatives in the rest of the state sit on their asses,
and complain about the weak candidates their offered. i.e. The lesser of.

If you always do, what you've always done, you always get, what you've always got.
It's off your ass, and on your feet time. All these so called conservative country folk in States like New York need to change their methods, cause their current methods ain't working.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 05:34:19 AM »
It's a "collective problem". One group passively sits back, and with minimal effort, lets a small group of conservatives do their best to offer a so-so candidate with limited funding, and even less "limited enthusiasm", while the liberal machine organizes, gathers money, issues propaganda, leaves no stone unturned, buys or bribes ballot counters, judges,  ect. Anything to win.

While the conservatives in the rest of the state sit on their asses,
and complain about the weak candidates their offered. i.e. The lesser of.

If you always do, what you've always done, you always get, what you've always got.
It's off your ass, and on your feet time. All these so called conservative country folk in States like New York need to change their methods, cause their current methods ain't working.

Many conservative states today are endangered by leftists fleeing California, Colorado or Oregon...  So, how do you go about accomplishing this conservative preservation where you live ?

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 08:02:02 AM »
I see a lot of similarities to California, with defecating in the produce aisle at the supermarket, and democrats running the whole place into the ground. They used to say that CCW would plunge the country back into the wild west, and since the country only got safer when the bad guys figured out the law abiding would defend themselves, the democrats had tocome up with another way to push the "Democrats believe socialism is a better way" agenda.

They seem to have a real sucessful streak of being 100% wrong going on don't they........
Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 05:02:52 PM »
These guys ooze to the top because nobody checks their voting records. Collectively the "average voter" keys on "name recognition". Over, and over, and over.
Many voters key on 1 or 2 issues. Pseudo conservatives usually focus on the 2nd amendment, or abortion. If the candidate says they pro 2nd amendment, or pro life. They get the vote. But these voters never check their candidates' voting record.
They just pull the lever over and over on what the candidate says, instead of what he does.
The name recognition grows, and next thing you know, hes running for the White House, and hasn't accomplished a dam thing.

Biden, the Bushes, Obama, the Clintons, the McCains, the Kennedys, and so on.
I do check voting records.
That’s why, when osama obama announced in 2008 , I started purchasing 2 or 3 bricks of Winchester dynapoints every week.
And that’s where I learned that he was in favor of leaving babies in cold back rooms to die after they survived an abortion.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 01:37:20 AM »
So Seattle has problems and no money!
Where's Bill Gates, Seattle's born and raised favorite son? The smiling sweatered software peddler turned vax pusherman, who is about the wealthiest guy on the planet. Can't he cut a couple billion loose to restore the city that made him rich?  Or better yet he could develop a vaccine that cures or prevents drug addiction (and include a sterility factor in it, too).
Calling Bill and Melinda to the rescue.
.TM7

With a net worth of over $120 billion..why can't he spare a few billion to help?  There again, is a demonstration of the hypocrisy of the left !
  The leftists are always condemning conservatives, as they try to lighten taxes for working people. They call us all kinds of names..cheap, hateful, greedy and racist !

So, why don't they reserve sone of those sobriquets for the likes of all those super rich tech giants, LaLa Land celebrities and the rich politicians who are getting big billions from the CCP?