Author Topic: Posting Articles - Edit out the garbage  (Read 413 times)

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Posting Articles - Edit out the garbage
« on: May 15, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
I like reading some of the posted articles here, instead of reading them on some of their original sites. But, when posting them here many of you cut & paste the article with many of the links and side articles imbedded within the article making it hard to distinguish between the article and the sidebars.  Take a little time and cut and paste just the article, it may take a minute or two more but it will make for a better reading experience for all. 

Example:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-youtuber-hickok45-smash-ar-15-stereotype-as-weapons-of-war
Tucker Carlson, YouTuber Hickok45 smash stereotype that AR-15's are ‘weapons of war’
Despite what you hear, the AR-15 is very often used as a hunting rifle
By Angelica Stabile | Fox News
Get Fox Nation
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Comments
Print
Email
'Tucker Carlson Originals' takes aim at false narratives surrounding the AR-15
Access all Fox Nation previews
Enter your email
Unlock
By unlocking you agree to Fox Nation's privacy policy.
'Tucker Carlson Originals' takes aim at false narratives surrounding the AR-15
Fox Nation's 'Tucker Carlson Originals' investigates America's most popular weapon and takes aim at the Left's fixation on banning it.

Politicians on the left love to paint assault rifles as weapons of war, but the AR-15, America’s most popular rifle, is a staple in American lifestyle, host Tucker Carlson argued in Fox Nation’s newest episode of "Tucker Carlson Originals."

Carlson met up with Greg Kinman, the man behind popular firearms YouTube channel Hickok45, on his well-known Tennessee range to get a deeper understanding of the AR-15 rifle and its functionality.

Fox Nation - America is Streaming
Original Series, Documentaries, Movies & more that Celebrate America

Start for 99˘
"They’re just a semi-automatic rifle," Kinman said. "The same technology has been around for 100 years, over 100 years."

AR-15’s dubbed "weapons of war" are not issued by the military and are not commonly connected to homicides. According to FBI crime statistics, homicide victims are more likely to be killed with a knife than a rifle – AR-15’s being even less likely, Carlson explained.

TOMI LAHREN ON THE APPEARANCE THAT DREW BACKLASH, PROTESTS FROM ‘ANTI-FREE SPEECH LIBERALS’ IN ‘BACK THE BLUE’

"I know there are some irresponsible people in the world but the number of accidents is not really any greater than it is," Kinman weighed in.

Tucker Carlson investigates the truth about AR-15's on Fox NationVideo
In fact, the AR-15 is most commonly used as a hunting rifle, Carlson explained, as most calibers are legal to hunt with.

Some Texas ranchers rely on AR-15’s to manage varmints like wild hogs and coyotes that kill livestock, costing farmers more than $1.5 billion per year.

"We don’t want these animals to suffer but we do need to eliminate them because they’re causing a lot of damage," one rancher said.

VS:
Tucker Carlson, YouTuber Hickok45 smash stereotype that AR-15's are ‘weapons of war’
Despite what you hear, the AR-15 is very often used as a hunting rifle
By Angelica Stabile | Fox News

Politicians on the left love to paint assault rifles as weapons of war, but the AR-15, America’s most popular rifle, is a staple in American lifestyle, host Tucker Carlson argued in Fox Nation’s newest episode of "Tucker Carlson Originals."

Carlson met up with Greg Kinman, the man behind popular firearms YouTube channel Hickok45, on his well-known Tennessee range to get a deeper understanding of the AR-15 rifle and its functionality.
"They’re just a semi-automatic rifle," Kinman said. "The same technology has been around for 100 years, over 100 years."

AR-15’s dubbed "weapons of war" are not issued by the military and are not commonly connected to homicides. According to FBI crime statistics, homicide victims are more likely to be killed with a knife than a rifle – AR-15’s being even less likely, Carlson explained.
"I know there are some irresponsible people in the world but the number of accidents is not really any greater than it is," Kinman weighed in.
In fact, the AR-15 is most commonly used as a hunting rifle, Carlson explained, as most calibers are legal to hunt with.

Some Texas ranchers rely on AR-15’s to manage varmints like wild hogs and coyotes that kill livestock, costing farmers more than $1.5 billion per year.

"We don’t want these animals to suffer but we do need to eliminate them because they’re causing a lot of damage," one rancher said.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline ironglows

Re: Posting Articles - Edit out the garbage
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 11:45:57 AM »
  Which is why I usually just post the link.  It would seem much easier to just click onto a link, rather than try to wade through a ton of verbal flotsam and jetsam.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
For some, click through links don't work, take them to sites they prefer not to visit, and inconvenience the reading enjoyment on GBOReloaded.

I do not disagree that "cleaning up" the story respects the readers here, it isn't required.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 01:43:09 PM »
I don't need the garbage edited. It's easy to skip it.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
I skip the garbage when I come here as opposed to the old site...

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 01:47:53 PM »
I seldom look at'em. I don't wade through all the crap. If I'm interested in the topic I look it up myself.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 03:24:56 PM »
I try to clean up everything I post, it would rarely happen, I agree having to read through all the crap is the pits, I try to eliminate it so you don't have to.
I don't remember seeing that article. Where is it.?? CHARLIE.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 05:47:56 PM »
I try to clean up everything I post, it would rarely happen, I agree having to read through all the crap is the pits, I try to eliminate it so you don't have to.
I don't remember seeing that article. Where is it.?? CHARLIE.  :o :o
The Hickok45 one?  The link is right above the first quote.  Here is the video
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~