Author Topic: 350 Legend.  (Read 705 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
350 Legend.
« on: September 23, 2021, 02:49:35 AM »
Morning folks,

Any of you that have been around here for more then a decade probably remember how much if a Maxi fan boy I was (am)

Like most I really wanted a repeater. When the Legend was announced our collective hearts skipped a beat and then just as quickly flat lined when we learned what Winchester choose to do. Grrrrr

I decided to buy a Ruger Bolt anyway because as a cast bullet guy I can do what ever us needed diameter wise. The calibers ballistics are spot centered in the cast bullet wheel house for me.

Well my assumptions proved correct and this rifle is a flat shooter with cast bullets. Took a buck at the end of last season with a transonic load using a 220g MP HP bullet. Tru and thru ribs @ 60 yards a d less then 50y traveled dead on his feet.

Yesterday I was at the range with both my 350's. With success of the bolt I assembled a upper for my SCR rifle. I had previously accuracy tested Fed 160g, Win 150g and Win 180g factory ammo. I generally dont do factory ammo. (40+ year hand loader talking to ya here) But I was given both the winchesters as a gift and saw the Fed that I didnt know existed so bought those to test. Well I fired them thru the SCR. (Pretty much dedicated as hunting & Jacketed only Since the Hornady 165 FTX was released)  I was also gifted a 50box of Dennis Furry bullets made expressly for the Legend from Dinny. I loaded these up with H110.

ALL OF THEVSE shot really well!! We have a few days here if heavy rains so I was not gonna run to 100 and just shot @ 50 yards.

All are 5 shot groups.
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline neckisred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: 350 Legend.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:04:22 AM »
Nicely done!!!!!!!! I knew you would make the 350 work.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »
Yeah. He’s one of those lead alchemists. Curious folks they are...

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 12:33:40 PM »
This is that NOE bullet. Shoots great with BD Powder!!
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:12:33 AM »
I've been hoping Minnesota would go to straight walled rifle in the shotgun zone. Heck this year, slugs might be hard to find.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 10:42:34 PM »
thing is sure a shooter. If they would have based it on a 556 case id have probably bought one or two by now. but i just have to many other guns that use odd hard to find brass.
blue lives matter

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 11:29:54 PM »
I had a Savage Axis in 350 that shot really well. My buddy wanted it way worse than I did. He's killed a pile of deer with it.