Author Topic: Here's a keen idea..  (Read 580 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Here's a keen idea..
« on: June 18, 2021, 11:50:56 PM »
  Ta ke money from one group of citizens who had nothing to do with slavery, then give it to another group who had nothing to do with slavery.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/11-u-s-mayors-commit-to-develop-reparations-pilot-projects/ar-AALcmJh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Somebody should tell them that slavery was outlawed over a century and a half ago.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
Re: Here's a keen idea..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 04:01:13 AM »
Not to mention, there were more whites enslaved through history in this country than blacks. They were treated far worse and for a longer period than blacks. So just who qualifies for these reparations? It doesn't seem to have hindered the white mans evolution in society. Other races have seen as hard a time here as well. Why is it that everybody else sets their sights forward and moves on with life. But one particular race wants to wallow in self pity as an excuse for their sorry attitude and would rather go through life with their hands out.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 04:55:33 AM »
Its all about the war on white people, and emptying their bank accounts from taxing them is one of the strategies.  Try to raise the blacks up with handouts, and bring the whites down, by taking more of their money.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online Mule 11

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 06:02:48 AM »
That’s racist. Although I agree. What have they contributed to the world? I guess it’s OK to put a target on mine and my family’s back but not there’s...

Offline ironglows

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 01:31:26 AM »
   ...Not racist to basic critical thinking. Slavery existed in the United States for just 76 years.  The detestable practice was outlawed over 1.5 centuries ago.
  There is nobody alive today who was a slave.  There is nobody alive today who ever owned a slave.  Those slavery years were a sad chapter of our history, but there is no way we can relive the situation.

Things cannot be made whole by punishing those who had nothing to do with the practice, and were not living  during that period of history.

As moamonkey said, many whites were sent to the colonies as indentured workers.  It is likely my own first ancestor to arrive in the "new world", arrived as a POW, indentured person.  Still, I don't expect or want any "reparations".

BTW: over 110,000 Union troops were killed, trying to free the slaves... who pays their descendant's their "reparations". 
   Many more were killed fighting the Germans and Japanese, do we go after their respective governments?

..And how about North Korea, China and the Republic of Vietnam?

If this stupid ball is started to rolling..where does it stop ?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 03:24:12 AM »
Not to mention, there were more whites enslaved through history in this country than blacks. They were treated far worse and for a longer period than blacks. So just who qualifies for these reparations? It doesn't seem to have hindered the white mans evolution in society. Other races have seen as hard a time here as well. Why is it that everybody else sets their sights forward and moves on with life. But one particular race wants to wallow in self pity as an excuse for their sorry attitude and would rather go through life with their hands out.

Because free stuff.

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 03:28:25 AM »
I agree Ironglows. So, 110,000 Union troops and do you think there was one memorial given, just one minute of memorial, to those troops during their so-called Juneteenth celebrations? Pitiful bunch.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 05:13:49 AM »
I agree Ironglows. So, 110,000 Union troops and do you think there was one memorial given, just one minute of memorial, to those troops during their so-called Juneteenth celebrations? Pitiful bunch.

yup youd think the blacks in texas would have had a union veterans day way before they they started some juneteenth bs holiday accusing there neighbors being bigots. Now to make it a national holiday. South already sent us half there blacks now we have to observe  there nut case holiday. Wonder how much it cost America to give EVERY federal worker another paid day off? Even if your a white bigot ;)
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 05:19:29 AM »
Its just not the blacks in on this garbage. Its a whole bunch of ignorant white people also.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 05:40:03 AM »
yup there was probably loud cheers in every college in the country. It was a big victory handed to the liberals. Maybe we should go back even further and give the indians there own holiday too for when white racist columbus came and took there country. Maybe the japs should get a holiday for when us honkey raxcists nuked there familys. Wait they already get tax exemptions for there car factory's and virtually no tariffs.
blue lives matter

Online Mule 11

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »
yup there was probably loud cheers in every college in the country. It was a big victory handed to the liberals. Maybe we should go back even further and give the indians there own holiday too for when white racist columbus came and took there country. Maybe the japs should get a holiday for when us honkey raxcists nuked there familys. Wait they already get tax exemptions for there car factory's and virtually no tariffs.
Them japs sure did not know what was coming. The U.S. dropped leaflets warning them. They should have fled. I saw the peace park museum in Hiroshima, it was fascinating. Them japs sure gave me the stink eye that day...