Author Topic: .44 Blackhawk grips  (Read 666 times)

Offline Wijbrandus

• Trade Count: (0)
.44 Blackhawk grips
« on: April 02, 2003, 09:16:59 AM »
I've been looking at getting my hands on a .44 mag Blackhawk, but I have a small concern.  The grip is a little too small for my hand, and my last finger falls off if I hold it where it feels the best.

Is there an after-market grip that I can get to make this fit better?  I really like the Blackhawk model.  Or should I look at some of the variants for a better fit (Vaquero, Bisley)?

I already have a Super Redhawk.  The grip is much larger, and fits me just about perfectly, but the revolver is just way too big and heavy for backwoods hiking.  Also, it's a .454, and the punishment it deals out on my end is a bit much.  I've considered trading it in, but then, who really wants to lose any gun when they can just get another to add to the collection, right?  ;)

Thanks for your input.

~Robert
 Denver, CO
~Robert
 Denver, CO

Offline volshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
.44 Blackhawk grips
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 01:54:23 PM »
I put over sized Houge rubber grips on my SBH. It took all of the middle finger bite away. (the square trigger guard was eating me up) The huge finger grove Houges look funny but are truly a joy to shoot. I think I paid $24 for them and never looked back.
Rick :D