Author Topic: New guns  (Read 873 times)

Offline Booboo357

• Trade Count: (0)
New guns
« on: November 25, 2006, 02:59:24 PM »
Hi, I found this forum after reading almost all 48 pages I decided to join.

I just bought 2 new guns one is a 20ga Topper Jr. Classic and the other is a 12ga Pardner both with mod. barrels.

I bought them for my kids for Christmas. My youngest son is 10 and about 100lbs the 20ga is for him.
My oldest son is 13 5'6 and 180lbs the 12ga is for him.

After reading the forums here I'm a little worried with the 12ga for the oldest as far as kick. He's been shooting my 12ga 870 with no problems and he wanted a 12ga for himself but I didn't think about the weight difference from a 870 pump to the Pardner single.

Anyway I was reading about the barrel program. Does this mean if the 12ga is too much for him I would be able to purchase a 20ga barrel and use the same reciever? And if so would it be the same for the 20ga, if it proved to be too much for him I could go with a 410 barrel? The second one I'm not so sure about because on the website it says Pardner guns and doesn't mention Topper. Are they the same receiver? Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly.

I picked up both guns for $89 each at different locations. The topper jr i found on gunbroker and only live 15min. from the gun shop that listed it so I ran over there and bought it. Here is the link to the auction so you can see the pics. Nice looking gun.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=60574521

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New guns
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »
Welcome to GBO! As long as the frames were made 1987 or later, H&R will fit any of the shotgun barrels to them except the 10ga or 12ga slug barrel. Build year info is in the Centefire FAQ and Help sticky.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »
Beautiful gun. I would consider that a great buy.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline Booboo357

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »
Thanks guys,
     Ya they were both new never fired. The Pardner was made in 2003 and I had no idea when the Topper Jr was made so I gave H&R a call they said it was made in 1999 I couldn't believe it.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up for me quickdtoo. At least I know I have options. I think they will both be fine. For now I just plan on using them at the turkey shoots and they use Remington gun club rounds.I will most likely buy the same loads for them to practice with at home.

Pills thanks, I saw that gun and liked how it looked as well, so I ran over there to look at it. It looks alot better in person so I just told the gun shop I would take it now.   My son that I bought it for, for christmas saw the auction page and said he wanted it. I told him it was too late I didnt see it in time and the auction ended. I cant wait for him to open it up on Christmas morning.

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
Awesome trickery. Good on ya!!

If you decide to part I will get you your money back.
 ;D  ;)
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Swampman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:29:39 PM »
That is a pretty little gun.  He'll love it!

Offline Booboo357

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 06:37:05 AM »
Well I gave them the guns today. They loved them  ;D .My 10 yr old was so happy when he saw that it was the gun on the auction page.
 My 13yr old handles that 12ga like it was nothing. And my 10yr old looks like he's getting knocked around a little but he just wants to keep shooting his youth 20ga.
 I offered  to put a little weight in the stock but they wont let me. They say its fine.
  Of course Dad had to try them out a little.  ;D Boy are they fun.

Merry Christmas everyone be safe and have fun.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 07:02:46 AM »
Sounds like you guys are having a great Christmas!  Congrat's Booboo.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC