Author Topic: I miss my Scopechief  (Read 481 times)

Offline Mattkc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I miss my Scopechief
« on: March 05, 2004, 08:30:14 PM »
I knew it was a lost cause when my trusty old Scopechief rangefinder took a tumble and the range finder turret popped off.  The plastic screw that adjusted the range broke off.  I called Bushnell praying they still had parts for my old scope but all they would tell me was send the scope in with $10 and they would check it out.  I asked the gal if their was anyone she could ask if they had parts for my scope and save me postage and ten bucks and their time nope.   I knew it was a long shot but I sent it off and got a letter back from Bushnell .  They took 2/3s of a page to tell me the scope wasn't under warranty da.  Then they went into a long list of damage done to the scope.  And finally they no longer have parts for the scope.  The strange thing about the scope was after the turret broke off it still held tight groups.  In fact after I sent in my Scopechief I put on a new 3200 Elite and the my groups opened up.  They did offer to sell me a Legend for $104 which is a good price but I like my scopes made in Japan. It's not that I have anything against the Philippines it was a great place for a serviceman to stay drunk on bad beer.