Author Topic: Need a emotional or spiritual "picker upper" ?  (Read 555 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Need a emotional or spiritual "picker upper" ?
« on: October 22, 2021, 01:37:44 AM »
   Check out Dr Ben Carson, and his 37 minute speech at Second Baptist Church of Houston.  No need to watch all if time is important..just a few minutes will help greatly.

The Dr. goes on to explain how we are made inthe image of God..how our brain differs from the brain of animals.

He also goes on to explain the indecency of telling children they are handicapped by someone telling them thir skin color is determinate of the chances of success, or should be a reason to condemn them.

He takes on the oppressed vs oppressor game , and lays it bare.  He gives youngsters great advice in one sentence, when he says.... "If you can learn from other's mistakes, then you won't make the same mistakes yourself!"

Inspiring speech !   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHBT4sfHoE
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Need a emotional or spiritual "picker upper" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »
I have always had a deep respect for Dr. Carson because he lives his belief, we are all made in the image of God and we all have different skin color, different talents. different heights but all our blood is red. It is only people in the world that think and act like they are better than others. You can say for sure he knows the brain and he uses his others should follow his example.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 11:43:36 AM »
I have always had a deep respect for Dr. Carson because he lives his belief, we are all made in the image of God and we all have different skin color, different talents. different heights but all our blood is red. It is only people in the world that think and act like they are better than others. You can say for sure he knows the brain and he uses his others should follow his example.

Deaconllb

AMEN to that, Deacon !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »
I too have great respect for Dr. Ben.

He is soft spoken but his words are powerful.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye