Author Topic: Taurus M44 scope rings  (Read 2387 times)

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Taurus M44 scope rings
« on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:57 PM »
I’m thinking about putting a scope on my Taurus 44 magnum. All my Contenders are scoped so I figured I would try scoping a revolver to see how I liked it. The question is does the ventilated rib on the barrel require a specific set of scope rings, and if so are there any brands that you prefer. Being a 44 I will most likely put three rings on it even though I will not hot rod this gun.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Taurus M44 scope rings
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »
All the Taurus guns I've scoped required a base attached to the vented rib to put rings onto. Dunno about the current Taurus guns. I've had two Raging Bulls, an M44 and a couple of total titanium guns I scoped.

I think I have a base laying around somewhere but am not sure which gun or if it fits all or if I have all the mounting hardware.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:03:43 AM »
Thanks GB for the i formation. If you run across the scope mount and want to sell it let me know, I would be interested.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 12:01:47 PM »
I did find the scope base, two of them in fact. One is still in a sealed plastic bag and I think likely has all the proper hardware. Both bases look pretty much the same. I don't know which of my Taurus guns these were for.

As I recall and I am old and forgetful, all of them used same base and they were always hard, next to impossible to find in stock.

I'll PM you about them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!