Author Topic: I used Duckduckgo for a search..  (Read 309 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
I used Duckduckgo for a search..
« on: January 10, 2022, 12:36:09 AM »
  Since hypocrisy is rampant, i typed in "liberals caught going maskless in public",, and here's what I got;

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=liberals+spotted+going+maskless+in+public&t=h_&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images&natb=v307-6__&cp=atbsc

Surprise, google even showed a few of them being .  Some conservatives were also shown, but keep in mind, most conservatives are not "mask Nazis" !

https://www.google.com/search?q=liberals+caught+going+maskless+in+public&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjhlPSAjKf1AhXdlWoFHfV7CqoQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1060&bih=405&dpr=1.29
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: I used Duckduckgo for a search..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 01:41:34 AM »
Haven’t used Google in over a decade. For the same reason I don’t get news from MSM.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 02:39:39 AM »
I saw in a link that DuckDuckGo is Very liberal. Ya do get privacy supposedly.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 01:53:06 PM »
   I don't see DDG that way.  I see them as more or less non- giving outthe news.aligned.  Google, oif course we know where they stand on almost everything.
  When i asked aboutthe exposed liberals, DDG gave me way more examples than did Google.  It seems Google did not want to expose their buddies.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:34 PM »
I have used DDG ever since it was reported here to be non-gathering of information about its users, which it appears to be.  I made a 12-31-2021 Year End Inventory, a spreadsheet, as an estimate of the value of EVERYTHING in my Gun Nut arsenal, literally and exhaustingly EVERYTHING.  I researched EVERY line item on the Net through DDG for its correct name, manufacturer number, and current retail price, where available. 

There are over 500-individual line items in the spreadsheet that were researched through DDG for current retail price.   I included every gun oil I use, bore cleaner, bore brush, once fired brass, brass polish, tumbler, primer, bullet, piece of reloading equipment, gunsmithing hand tool, rifle, handgun, holster, etc., EVERYTHING.  An alarming number of items are unavailable, out of stock, and no back order.  Some items are discontinued, so these on-line and advertised retail prices are unknown or questionable.  If I had a fire or a disaster, what would it cost, or thereabout, to REPLACE everything TODAY and how much and how many of EVERYTHING do I have?  Now I know!

In some cases, I used a guesstimate (WAG) of what I think it might cost to replace an item.  After all, it is only an estimate.  In MOST cases, from my record of purchases and two previous inventories, 2011 and 2016, prices today are quite a bit HIGHER than when I purchased stuff...AND, I have more stuff now than I did then.

While creating the spreadsheet over the past week I have received four (4) targeted ads on my phone and two on this desktop computer where ALL of the research originated through DDG.  I believe the individual Manufacturer's web sites that use "cookies" are to blame, rather than DDG. 

I really USED, ABUSED, and TESTED DDG this past week.  It hasn't failed me - if they are keeping track (of anything).

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 02:54:17 AM »
I think "cookies" are under rated, and try to avoid links, and websites that use'em.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett