Author Topic: $%$#^%*(^%$#  (Read 1583 times)

Offline 22KHornet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: Looked on the H&R site today so that I can get ready to send off for my first accessory barrels and low and behold no more 357 mag barrels listed :evil: .  I guess if I want a max I will have find a used one someday :cry: .  Well I guess I better get my order in before the discontinue the barrle program all together :(
I must be crazy.

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 12:38:15 PM »
easy now Wile E. Coyote!!  all may not be lost.

someone posted a few weeks ago that they still had barrels available, even though the rifle is no longer available.

call them tomorrow to verify before ordering the ACME 357  :wink:

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 08:34:25 AM »
Hey hornet, you might get lucky with a phone call.  When they've discontinued barrels in the past, like the tracker I smooth bore slug barrel, they still had them in stock for awhile even though they were listed anywhere.  I'd quick call.

Oh, have you gotten any coyote lately?  I got one with the mini the end of February, a big furred up male.  But I've had really bad luck overall.  They've been packed up since it got really cold in early february and are moving long distances every night.  I talked to another coyote caller (whose been calling longer than I've been alive) in my area and he is having the same problem.  He called all week last week and nothing until friday when he had 5 coyotes come in running single file.  He said he got one, but the other 4 got away.  He said he wasn't quite ready for that and had never had that happen before.  :eek:

I'll hopefully get out Friday evening after work for an hour or so and make one stand, Saturday looks like rain  :cry: .  And just when it was starting to dry up!

All the wedding plans complete???

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 09:13:41 AM »
Complete?  I would say more like not even close.  Oh well, 4 more months should give us plenty of time to nail everything down right  :roll: .    

I have not had a chance to call lately but I did go hunting with the future father-in-law that last weekend we had snow.  They hunt with dogs and radio's and trucks, not as fun but boy did we see some yotes.  I ended up leaving my dad with the future father-in-law while I went and talked to an old friend who has some of our cattle and had 2 yotes sneak right through where the cattle were feeding  :shock: .  I tried to get a shot off but didn't want to shoot that close to the cows, since some were mine :grin: .  Anyway enough talk they ended up with 2 yotes and 5 or 6 that got away.    

I did get a call from my brother yesterday and he said the snow geese have come in really thick this year.  So I guess I will have to put down the handi and pick up the 870 for this weekend  :grin:  

Later
I must be crazy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
.357 barrels
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 04:06:30 PM »
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 02:37:33 AM »
Marts custom?  Not sure if I am remembering this right but didn't we have several long and disturbing post about them and their shop on the previous site  :?:   If I remember someone even went to his shop and he really didn't have hardly anything there :eek:
I must be crazy.

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 03:18:42 AM »
22K - Check out my post at this link -

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26301&highlight=

I'm going back thru there on Friday and I plan on stopping in and checking to see what they have left. I will get a definite name and phone# and post again then. Watch for it.  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
$%$#^%*(^%$#
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 04:26:13 AM »
Hey Hornet, just a quick bit of advice from someone who got married coming up on two years ago and have been involved with friends weddings, AS THE GROOM YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE THE DAY, YOU CAN ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.   :wink:

So try to keep you head down, your mouth shut, and let the storm blow over.  Just set back and watch.  On my wedding day my wife said I looked like a zomby and wasn't talking to anyone, just was over by myself.  I made it through the motions unscathed.

Just towards the light at the end of the tunnel, the honeymoon.  8)  After that, it's all down hill.  :-D

Good luck on the geese!  When the yotes get back into a normal routine (not chasing every female in heat....) we'll have to go calling.  Right now it's not alot of fun, lots of walking and no coyotes.

I need to learn how to sound like a coyote in heat, that would work really good this time of year.  :wink:

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
I know where there is .44 and .357 mag Handis
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 04:29:29 PM »
Alright here it is:
Smith Pawn and Gun
Antlers Okla.
580-298-9822
He definitely has a .44 Mag and a .357 mag in stock. These are probably 2003 models as they have the curved foreend. They are standard Walnut stock Handis but are brand new. He also has several others as well. All are $219. Hope it helps.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org