Author Topic: Just how safe are our schools?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Rex in OTZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Just how safe are our schools?
« on: June 02, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »

Youd think a school would be a safe place for kids?

Even in California one the great nanny states couldnt stop nature.

“The mountain lion casually walked through campus and decided to go into an English classroom,”

PESCADERO, Calif. (KRON) — A quick-thinking custodian safely confined a curious cougar in an empty classroom after it entered a Northern California high school Wednesday morning, authorities said.
“The mountain lion casually walked through campus and decided to go into an English classroom,” said Detective Javier Acosta with the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office. “The custodian acted quickly and managed to shut the door behind it.”

Mountain lion wanders into California high school classroom

A quick-thinking custodian safely confined a curious cougar in an empty classroom after it entered a Northern California high school Wednesday morning, authorities said.

www.google.com

Lets do the substitution game.
Instead of a mountain lion it was a gun toteing crazy person.
Seems CA has open campus that even wildlife can wander the campus?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Just how safe are our schools?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 12:26:38 PM »
My wife was a 25 year school bookkeeper, she's now retired.
She saw teachers, even after warnings, go to their car for something or out to have a smoke and prop a side door open so their electronic lock card wouldn't be logged into the computer by having to come through the main entrance.
These were highly educated people without enough sense to realize the danger they put people in.
When my wife saw a door propped open she would close it forcing the teacher to have to get back in with her key card.

She never saw a custodian prop open a door unless they were moving something heavy through it.

We need to get serious about school safety.

I've said in many editorials that I will pay more taxes to keep felons in jail and harden our schools.
About a week ago I emailed the board of education here about hardening the schools.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 06:35:40 AM »
K-12 teachers are highly educated? Then why is a teaching degree one of the easiest degrees to obtain?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 07:07:09 AM »
K-12 teachers are highly educated? Then why is a teaching degree one of the easiest degrees to obtain?

Ever set back and "listened" to a long time teacher in a conversation with others? They're used to being in charge, and the females seem to be the worst. They're not all that way but most are.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 07:25:03 AM »
my mother was a teacher and so were two of my sisters. Theres good teachers and bad. My ma always said that it went drastically down hill about 10 years before she retired. She said in the old days being a teacher was something to be proud of. She said there were very few bad apples. I laugh because she said in the late 60 early 70s everything changed. Alot of the teachers were the pot smoking hippys that the only degree they could get was a teaching degree. She said they brought there hippy liberal drug taking attitudes to the schools. Said that lumch time used to be teachers comparing notes and getting advice on how to teach the kids better. After that it was all about partying and bashing the kids they taught  It got so bad that she even quit going to the teachers lounge and at in her classroom. Its why my two sisters got into special ed. They really wanted to help kids not join in on the teacher bs. They both said they were about shunned by the teachers and even the administration because they were republicans and wouldnt attend union meetings because all it was just an ego fest. They woud tell you the biggest losers and the teachers that barely scraped through college were the biggest mouths there. Teaching at home isnt the answer either. Most of us arent even remotely qualified to do it. They dont teach the same math or other things they taught when we were there. Might be a few parents that do it right but many more who dont and it takes away something very much needed in young people that have to make it in life and thats the art of interacting with other people. We need schools but we also need parenting. Parenting that helps the child sort through what is being taught and showing them that today some of it is very wrong. But to do that you need your kids respect and not many parents seem to care about that today either.
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 07:26:38 AM »
please dont!!!
The safest schools are now home schools _ _ to keep kids away from psycho killers and psycho agenda driven educators.
blue lives matter

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 09:39:05 AM »
Many of the teachers either had, or were working on a masters degree (more pay) and a former SIL had a masters and couldn’t figure the score in her head when we played hearts.  26 points per hand.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline DDZ

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 01:08:38 PM »
I honestly believe the federal government does not want our schools to be safe. If they were made safe to the point of no more school mass shootings they wouldn't have their anti gun agenda to push, and use school shootings to sway the minds of the general public. Kids being shot in schools are their best leverage to remove firearms from society. We all heard Biden before the smoke even cleared from the classroom, vilifying the NRA, gun owners and guns in general.  He and the radical leftists couldn't wait for the chance to talk about needing to curb ownership of firearms.  When the masses are ignorant, their minds are easily molded with lies, and we got our share of ignorant people in this country anymore.
 Again they have zero issue with millions of babies killed in the womb. Why would they with the culture of death they own. Have much concern over kids getting shot in school.  Especially if it gives them an avenue to more power, and less for citizens.  I'm fully convinced we have an evil government in place that is striving for complete power.  I also believe a number of the republicans are all in on the power grab. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 03:13:29 PM »
I honestly believe the federal government does not want our schools to be safe. If they were made safe to the point of no more school mass shootings they wouldn't have their anti gun agenda to push, and use school shootings to sway the minds of the general public. Kids being shot in schools are their best leverage to remove firearms from society. We all heard Biden before the smoke even cleared from the classroom, vilifying the NRA, gun owners and guns in general.  He and the radical leftists couldn't wait for the chance to talk about needing to curb ownership of firearms.  When the masses are ignorant, their minds are easily molded with lies, and we got our share of ignorant people in this country anymore.
 Again they have zero issue with millions of babies killed in the womb. Why would they with the culture of death they own. Have much concern over kids getting shot in school.  Especially if it gives them an avenue to more power, and less for citizens.  I'm fully convinced we have an evil government in place that is striving for complete power.  I also believe a number of the republicans are all in on the power grab.
Bingo!!!!! I read this twice and didn't find a thing that wasn't the absolute truth.
I fully believe that democrats are doing the work of satan, they have sold their souls in their drive for power over the people, aka communism.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 06:49:58 PM »
So why not out law commie (dummycrat) teachers instead of guns?
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 07:23:37 PM »
So why not out law commie (dummycrat) teachers instead of guns?
That would make more sense.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 09:52:20 PM »
poison any kids minds.
Don't what?

please dont!!!
The safest schools are now home schools _ _ to keep kids away from psycho killers and psycho agenda driven educators.
blue lives matter

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 04:12:18 AM »
Finally, Ann Coulter believes in some liberal gun control she can get behind.....

https://anncoulter.substack.com/p/finally-a-liberal-gun-proposal-i

Working for me. Now if only the rest truly cared about their children they would follow suit...

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2022, 10:32:44 AM »
It's been sixty some years since I attended one of them pubic schools and I remember how hard it was just walking between classes with them young hotties everywhere.  Most of the guys had to carry their note books up front to hide the hardening that was going on.
Swingem