Author Topic: SCOTUS says not open season on all babies..  (Read 515 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
SCOTUS says not open season on all babies..
« on: June 24, 2022, 04:42:10 AM »
  Long awaited decision...SCOTUS tosses out Roe v Wade.

That didn't stop the killing though, but it does slow it down some.  That likely means the blue states will offer convenient killing fields.

The blue state cities already lead the nation in killings and murder, so this should make their cities into full fledged death camps.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: SCOTUS says not open season on all babies..
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 05:02:23 AM »
Got a link? Not on FOX hopefully, they have banned me from their site.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 05:10:09 AM »
Found it on NewsMax:

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday took the dramatic step of overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion nationwide, handing a momentous victory to Republicans and religious conservatives who want to limit or ban the procedure.

The court, in a 6-3 ruling powered by its conservative majority, held that the "Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey [a 1992 Supreme Court case] are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives."

Friday's ruling upheld a Republican-backed Mississippi law that bans abortion after 15 weeks. The justices held that the Roe v. Wade decision that allowed abortions performed before a fetus would be viable outside the womb - between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy - was wrongly decided because the U.S. Constitution makes no specific mention of abortion rights.

A draft version of the ruling indicating the court was likely to overturn Roe was leaked in May, igniting a political firestorm.

Mississippi's law had been blocked by lower courts as a violation of Supreme Court precedent on abortion rights.

Jackson Women's Health Organization, the only abortion clinic remaining in Mississippi, challenged the 2018 law and had the support of Democrat President Joe Biden's administration at the Supreme Court. The law allows abortions when there is a "medical emergency" or a "severe fetal abnormality" but does not have an exception for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest.

A federal judge in 2018 struck the law down, citing the Roe precedent. The New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2019 reached the same conclusion.

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

The Supreme Court in a 1992 ruling called Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey reaffirmed abortion rights and prohibited laws imposing an "undue burden" on abortion access.

Chief Justice John Roberts denounced the May 2 leak of Justice Samuel Alito's draft opinion in the case and announced an investigation to identify the culprit. Supreme Court leaks are extremely rare, especially concerning internal deliberations before a ruling is issued. Following the leak, Biden condemned the overturning of Roe as a "radical" step and urged Congress to pass legislation protecting abortion access nationally.

Thousands of people rallied for abortion rights in Washington and other cities after the leak, including some protesters at the homes of some conservative justices. A California man armed with a handgun, ammunition, a crow bar and pepper spray was arrested near Justice Brett Kavanaugh's Maryland home on June 8 and charged with attempted murder.

The justices in 2016 struck down a Texas law imposing strict regulations on abortion facilities and doctors. The justices in 2020 struck down a Louisiana law that similarly placed restrictions on doctors who perform abortions. But the court has become more conservative in recent years with the addition of three appointees made by former President Donald Trump.

Since 2018, the court lost two champions of abortion rights. Liberal Justice Ruther Bader Ginsburg died in 2020, being replaced by Amy Coney Barrett, who as an academic before joining the judiciary signaled support for overturning Roe.

Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative who sometimes sided with the liberal justices on social issues such as abortion and LGBT rights, retired in 2018 and was replaced by Kavanaugh. Kennedy was part of the majority in the 1992 decision and voted to strike down the Texas abortion restriction in 2016.

Justice Neil Gorsuch in 2017 replaced the late conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, who was an abortion opponent.

The number of U.S. abortions increased by 8% during the three years ending in 2020, reversing a 30-year trend of declining numbers, according to data released on June 15 by the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supporters abortion rights.

The U.S. abortion rate peaked in 1980, seven years after the Roe ruling, at 29.3 abortions per 1,000 women of child-bearing age - 15-44 - and stood at 13.5 per 1,000 in 2017 before increasing to 14.4 per 1,000 women by 2020. In 2020, there were 930,160 U.S. abortions, with 20.6% of pregnancies ending in abortion in 2020, up from 18.4% in 2017. Mississippi experienced a 40% increase in abortions performed from 2017 to 2020.

Globally, abortion rights generally have been increasing. The U.N. World Health Organization said around 73 million abortions take place globally each year, including 29% of all pregnancies.

© 2022 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 07:57:51 AM »
It now becomes a States Rights issue.  Even though Biden is going to try to use the Justice Department and congress to try to allow abortions by some type of law.  Elections have consequences.  We have to vote for the person that is the most right leaning in every election to eventually turn this country around. 
Opelika Portal

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »
It’s a win for GOD in many places.
The limitations on butchering babies  is now constitutional but as IG said, the blue state will become killing fields.
I plan to start a letter writing campaign today for stricter laws on abortion.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:18 AM »
ya you can go to colorado the day before your baby is suppose to be born and kill it. NO more amazon purchases for me. they said they would pay for lost wages and even transportation to another state for anyone that wants an abortion that works for them. Disney too but thats sure no f ing surprise. Toughest thing to stop will be the new trend to get drugs in the mail that will kill a fetus. The good thing with this is its going to force governors to actually take a stance on it one way or the other and it will force it into probably the biggest and most important thing they run on. There are even democrats that dont believe in abortion. Puts them between a rock and a hard place. They know the polling numbers say a majority of americans at least support restricting abortions to rape and incest. So if they run on a pro abortion stance they alienate the majority. Run anti abortion and they loose the radical left and college girls that keep them in office. THAT is why they didnt want this overturned. It forces them to crap or get off the pot. Its the same for the democratic senators and congressmen that are up for reelection. They are forced to take a stance one way or the other and both could cost them votes.
blue lives matter

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:58 AM »
I guess these baby butchers never heard of condoms, birth control pills, or the rhythm method, or, keeping your legs together.
If birth control pills are used it kills the egg which ACTUALLY IS part of the woman's body and is no different than trimming your nails or getting a haircut.
But if a live egg meets live sperm a new LIFE is formed.
That new life can be a different sex than the woman, have different colored eyes, hair, or skin tone, different blood type, different handed, so that says that the woman is an incubator, nothing more.

Hey, maybe those pro-abortion women are just too stupid to realize what causes babies.

Here's the skinny on a baby's heartbeat.
https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/health-and-safety/when-can-i-hear-my-babys-heartbeat_10349811
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 03:33:13 PM »
  The screaming protestors who wish the killing to continue, are shouting....

"WOMEN MUST BE ALLOWED TO CONTROL THEIR OWN BODIES."

Well, it looks like they had that chance..with several choices..

A) use caution,

B) use a condom,

C) use the pill,

D) use other means

E) get the sperm donor to "man up".

F) get your tubes tied

G)  Don't indulge

All those choices come before the murder choice

The answer is..she had 'control' over her body...and it looks like she failed miserably at the job !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »
Almost anyone here should know that if it were Republicans who were advocating unlimited abortion, they would be labeled "baby killers", or worse by the bloody Democrats, so it's only fair that Dummycratics who are all in on the abortion issue should get that title--BABY KILLERS.

Personally, I believe that Democrats (communists) should all be subject to an abortiion at any time before, or after birth if they are certified self-confessed Dumbycratics.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 04:12:53 PM »
  Being as they like it so much...perhaps abortion should be allowed to be done with Demonrats..retroactively !

..Not really, but only mentioned as a "wake up" suggestion.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 05:20:20 PM »
Alabama has a Republican-controlled legislature and a Republican governor who want to ban or restrict access to abortions.

In 2019, Alabama lawmakers approved what was then the most stringent abortion ban in the country, making it a felony to perform an abortion at any stage of pregnancy with no exceptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest. The only exception would be when the woman's health was at serious risk. A federal judge issued an injunction, under the precedent of Roe v. Wade, blocking the state from enforcing the law.

In 2018, voters agreed to amend the Alabama Constitution to say the state recognizes the "rights of unborn children" and "does not protect the right to an abortion or require the funding of abortion." A 1951 law made it a crime, punishable by up to 12 months in prison, to induce an abortion, unless it is done to preserve the life or health of the mother.

Alabama's three abortion clinics on Friday stopped providing abortions because of concerns of prosecution under the 1951 law, clinic owners and representatives said. Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, a vocal critic of Roe, said abortion providers operating in violation of state law, "should immediately cease and desist operations." He did not mention the 1951 law but said all laws not enjoined by the courts would be enforced.

Alabama on Friday asked a court, citing the new Supreme Court decision, to dissolve the injunction blocking enforcement of the 2019 abortion ban. Marshall said the state would also move to lift other injunctions that blocked previous attempts to implement abortion restrictions, including a ban on abortion clinics near schools and a ban on the most common method for second trimester abortions.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 11:37:42 PM »
told my wife last night how its funny that those nut case women consider a unwanted child as a fetus but when its a baby they want they call it there baby while its in there womb.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 01:13:18 AM »
  I watched one of those Christian preachers, who go onto college campuses to challenge the atheistic students there.
  One young woman kept referring to the baby as a "fetus", so the preacher asked her........
    "Why are you speaking Latin"?

She appeared puzzled..so he said "fetus"  is simply the Latin term for "baby"..

Perhaps they somehow feel their crime is less severe, when they use the substitutional term for baby.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 02:34:03 AM »
IG's post makes sense. Women use the "my body, my choice" thing all the time to justify killing their unborn child. Why didn't they choose one of the methods available to prevent pregnancy instead of conceiving and then killing the result? Too lazy, too stupid, didn't give a damn? In my eyes they are killers. It's funny that abortion is legal but if you kill a pregnant woman you will be charged with two murders. The law allows the legal killing of the most innocent and helpless of all, an unborn child that had nothing to do with being conceived.

It seems people can justify just about anything when it is convenient for them.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 04:37:03 AM »
Alveda King, niece of MLK, who is a great advocate of LIFE, admits to having 2 abortions when she was young.
She says that when she became a CHRISTIAN she realized that she had murdered her babies and begged GOD to forgive her.
But, she is now a conservative and not many will listen to her.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 04:42:00 AM »
Overall for the week it has been a plus for the right with the 2 rulings from the Supreme court. The gun control law they passed while completely wrong is probably get some looking over by the court.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 06:08:49 AM »
Overall for the week it has been a plus for the right with the 2 rulings from the Supreme court. The gun control law they passed while completely wrong is probably get some looking over by the court.

Yes!  So great to get good news now and then..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 06:12:46 AM »
Alveda King, niece of MLK, who is a great advocate of LIFE, admits to having 2 abortions when she was young.
She says that when she became a CHRISTIAN she realized that she had murdered her babies and begged GOD to forgive her.
But, she is now a conservative and not many will listen to her.

...And dealing with Jesus, even that sin can be forgiven..but REPENTENCE is required, as for any sin. 

However, even after such an error, one can pull things together and make a decent life for themselves.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2022, 06:36:47 AM »
Thank you Donald Trump and the people who voted for him. Without his Supreme Court picks none of this would have happened.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2022, 09:05:59 AM »
Thank you Donald Trump and the people who voted for him. Without his Supreme Court picks none of this would have happened.
Absolutely.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2022, 12:35:42 PM »
To be accurate it was 3 not two major court decisions in favor of us conservatives.

1. The court ruled 5-4 to overturn Roe Vs. Wade.

2. In the same case that got that issue before them they voted 6-3 to allow the MS law on abortion to stand.

3. They voted to overturn the NY state law on carry of handguns. I think that was a 6-3 decision.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2022, 06:26:18 AM »

^^^DITTO THAT^^^

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2022, 02:52:58 PM »
told my wife last night how its funny that those nut case women consider a unwanted child as a fetus but when its a baby they want they call it there baby while its in there womb.

And then we have some religious groups that say this is a violation of their rights. Not Christian groups though. Some Jewish groups.

Some Jewish groups blast the end of Roe as a violation of their religious beliefs
June 26, 20226:04 PM ET
JOE HERNANDEZ

Twitter

A protester carries a sign as they attend the "Jewish Rally for Abortion Justice" rally at Union Square near the U.S. Capitol on May 17.
Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
While some have celebrated justices' decision striking down Roe v. Wade as a win for religious freedom, some religious Jews say prohibitions on abortion violate their religious beliefs.

Interpretations vary across Judaism, but some religious Jews believe that a fetus is part of the parent's body and that a baby is only considered a person once it takes its first breath.

According to the Women's Rabbinic Network, some of the religion's most sacred texts view a fetus as a soul only once it's born. "Yea Right" So One minute before it's born, its a non human. One minute later it becomes one.

"Therefore, forcing someone to carry a pregnancy that they do not want or that endangers their life is a violation of Jewish law because it prioritizes a fetus over the living adult who is pregnant," the group said in a statement. Where do they come up with threatening the mothers life crap, and taking the life simple because they don't want it. This is different than taking your baby's life after its born because you suddenly decide you don't want to be burdened by this child? Murder as soon as it leaves the Mother, but not just before?

"This must be understood as a violation of the United States Constitution which guarantees our freedom to practice our religion and also our freedom from the dictates of other religions," it added. Not about your religious freedom morons. It's about murder.

A number of Jewish organizations blasted the opinion, arguing that it would lead to religious violations against Jews. So to hell with the violations against the baby, or perhaps the father of the child. Their rights don't count?

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.