Author Topic: The wisdom of our founding fathers.  (Read 217 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The wisdom of our founding fathers.
« on: July 08, 2022, 01:37:48 AM »
  Starting with John Adams..

" There is nothing I dread so much as the division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our constitution."   ~John Adams

Next George Washington:

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterward the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.” ~ George Washington
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: The wisdom of our founding fathers.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 01:56:03 AM »
Foresight.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
Lots and lots of people near
me hate Thomas Jefferson
even though he was one of
the finest true Americans
that ever was.
I'd go as far to say one of the
finest people ever to walk
the earth.
Very knowledgeable in every
field and one of the greatest
patriots that ever was.
If I was a billionaire, I'd
comission indestructible
statues of Thomas Jefferson
to be installed at every
town square of every county
in America

People that hate him are
supreme pinheads and need
to be sterilized
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 01:27:44 AM »
  Thomas Jefferson was a man of a very powerful intellect.  He made many improvements in agriculture, politics and  various inventions.
  As I mentioned elsewhere, he did have one shortcoming, which could very well hurt him on an eternal scale.

He wrote what he called "The Jefferson Bible", wherein he 'edited' the real Bible.  He left large parts out, and added some of his own opinions, despite warning to the contrary.   These warnings were given in the 3rd and 4th verses from the end of the Bible..  likely a final warning..  ..But then, none of us are free from sin..

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Rev 22:18,19 KJV)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)