Author Topic: Finally #2  (Read 419 times)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally #2
« on: April 02, 2022, 03:40:15 AM »
I finally finished the forearm after managing to drop it and break one of the ears that covers the frame completely off and having to epoxy it back on. I finally received the Weaver scope rings I had to order for it and  for the last "finally" I mounted and bore sighted the scope yesterday. Now I am waiting on Ma Nature to get it sighted in and start working on a loading for it. Looks like it will be midweek before  a decent day might be possible.  I put it on the scales yesterday afternoon and it weighs an even 11 pounds.

I finally managed to get pictures loaded on my computer. Now I can't get Imgur to find the pictures. I was born far too long ago to deal with computers and their programs.   :'(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Finally #2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 05:58:58 AM »
  Yes..please post pics...I have over the years, considered buying a TC Contender..but haven't yet made the move !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Finally #2
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 06:25:01 AM »
I will keep working on getting some posted. I might have to dig out my wife's old window's 7 laptop to get it done.

This one is an Encore, a Contender on steriods, bigger, heavier, and stronger. I bought an Encore barrel by mistake and kept on putting off getting a frame and stock set until they went out of business. I stumbled into a complete rifle with scope in excellent condition at a gunshow recently and got it for less than a frame by it's self is selling for now on the internet. I have always been a Contender fan and currently own one frame and switch out three different scoped barrels on it.