Author Topic: leftoverdj do you have the reamer?  (Read 668 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
leftoverdj do you have the reamer?
« on: March 11, 2004, 02:59:07 PM »
do you have the 357max reamer now?if not who has it now?first thing i want to do is shoot me 357 rifle with some 357 mag ammo.i want to see how it shoots as far as accuracy.then i may want to rechamber to the max

i also have some questions about reloading for the 357 and my 444 with cast bullets.when using the cast bullets does the barrel lead up quite fast?i never loaded cast of anykind.in fact i never even shot any.i never thought i would br shooting anything like this so i never spent any time reading the posts about cast bullets.i see they are alot less money than jacketed bullets and i would like to try some.

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
leftoverdj do you have the reamer?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 06:51:38 AM »
Jeff. the reamer is headed back to me and about due to get here. Just email me or PM your snail mail address if you want it.

I'll shove some sample cast bullets in the box when I send it. The short version is that plain base cast bullets are limited to about 1400 fps in Handi barrels and gas checked are good to about 2000 fps. They have to be oversized, at least .358 and .359 is better in most rifles.

I put several hundred cast bullets through my barrel between cleanings. You can lead one really fast if the bullets are undersized or the wrong hardness for the speed, but a good load will shoot just short of forever with no leading.

Do some reading of the old threads while you're waiting and I'll try to answer any questions you still have.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.