Author Topic: Ft Hood to be changed to Ft Cavazos  (Read 705 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Ft Hood to be changed to Ft Cavazos
« on: October 24, 2022, 01:40:26 AM »
Ft Hood Texas is the military home base to many veterans like me that took basic training there. Because it was named after a Civil war hero, they are  scrapping the name in their quest to wipe out any trace of our southern heritage. It will change to Ft Cavazos. They are doing the same thing with Ft. Benning in Ga. Ft Benning was named after Henry l. Benning A Brigadier General in the Confederacy.

Ft. Hood opened in 1942, was named after John Bell Hood. The West Point alumnus resigned from the U.S. Army as the Civil War broke out and, unhappy with his home state of Kentucky's neutral stance, declared himself as a Texan.

These bastards that run the Federal Government won't be happy until the USA is no more, It's history changed to fit the narrative and just a spot on the world map of the New World Order.

We are witnessing some sad times in this once great nation. I'm ashamed of it.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ft Hood to be changed to Ft Cavazos
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 01:46:02 AM »
Both my boys took their basic at Ft Benning, and both got their Airborne wings there.

My youngest was 82nd Airborne stationed at Ft Bragg NC. I think they're changing Bragg to  Ft Liberty. How sad
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 01:52:17 AM »
Both my boys took their basic at Ft Benning, and both got their Airborne wings there.

My youngest was 82nd Airborne stationed at Ft Bragg NC. I think they're changing Bragg to  Ft Liberty. How sad

Yes it is. I also got my Air Assault wings at Benning. Yes, they are changing 10 all together.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 01:56:37 AM »
even putting aside the slam on history and tradition look at what it cost us taxpayers for the many idiots at there many meetings all on the tax payers dime to do this kind of bs. All at time when our military is so week and is no longer the superpower it once was. What a (censored word) waste of money. Maybe change the name of america to something else so china gets confused and doenst know where to come to kick our assses. heck america was named after a white italian. Mayby change it to  Jamalland
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 02:02:20 AM »
I wonder how many mailing addresses will have to be changed in these name changes?

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 05:28:21 AM »
I wonder how many mailing addresses will have to be changed in these name changes?

That will be a Hassle, and i see nothing wrong with FT Hood. Leave things well enough alone!
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline phalanx

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 07:29:04 AM »

Is the Navy and Air Force immune to this?
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 07:35:53 AM »

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »
most navy bases are just named after the city there in. The air force surprises me though. They are about the most woke service branch of all of them and i havent heard of there changing names.

Is the Navy and Air Force immune to this?
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 01:27:53 AM »
   Those filthy, rotten communists !  If- there were 9an honest person left in or near the oval office, this would never happen.

There were plenty of heroes throughout the Confederate army, and they should remain recognized for their heroism.
     I served in th e4th Armored at Ft Hood...and it should remain Ft Hood. John Bell Hood was a heroic figure.

A little known historical fact..  Through much of our unfortunate Civil War, battles were named differently by the two antagonists.
    The Union tended to name battles by the nearest town to the battle, while the Confederacy often named battles /by th ename of
  the nearest cree, river of landmark.

Hence the first  battle was known by Manassas (town), or Bull Run (creek)....  On to Sharpsburg / Antietam, by the same process..

The battle of Chattanooga / /Lokout Mountain..similarly named..

...Not a hard & fast rule, however.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 01:39:27 AM »
  Navy not hit with name changes, because their bases are named after location..  e.g. Norfolk, Great Lakes..

Perhaps the Air Force hasn't been hit with same, since until recent years, the Confederacy hasn't had an air force..

...But leave it to the Commie/woke cabal, and they will also spread their diseased hatred to those branches..

Perhaps those sick minds will soon go after some of our later heroes.. "Chesty" Puller, born in West Point, VA or Audie Murphy,
    born and raised in Hunt County, Texas.

Just a bunch of do nothing, never did anything pygmies... trying to chop away at the ankles of great men... who tower over them !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 01:55:47 AM »

Not even that simple...   How many tons of paper products with Ft Hood already present, will have to be discar6ded? How many DOD files will have to be expunged or changed?

How many highway and other signs will have to be altered or discarded?  There are many costly alterations that 5must take place and
   all that just to please some shameless n6othings...and erase our history...so as to favor Communism's march.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 02:18:10 AM »

Not even that simple...   How many tons of paper products with Ft Hood already present, will have to be discar6ded? How many DOD files will have to be expunged or changed?

How many highway and other signs will have to be altered or discarded?  There are many costly alterations that 5must take place and
   all that just to please some shameless n6othings...and erase our history...so as to favor Communism's march.

Not a problem. The money to replace all that can be printed in about an hour. OR! Just tack it onto the national debt.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 02:41:19 AM »
Stupid, "woke" move..is insulting...and expensive.  https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article267227597.html

From the article;

" WHAT OTHER NAMES WERE CONSIDERED? Throughout its research, the naming commission considered 3,670 names for different facilities. Before deciding on Fort Cavazos, the commission also considered renaming the fort after Msg. Roy Benavidez, Ltc. Harold Cohen, Sfc. Eduardo C. Gomez, Lt. Audie Murphy, Ssg. Ruben Rivers, Sfc. Paul Smith, Gen. Charles Young, Fort Courage, or Fort Central Texas. HOW WILL THE RENAMING WORK? Renaming Fort Hood will cost about $1,539,000, according to estimates from the commission.The Department of Defense plans to implement the renaming “as soon as possible,” the memo states. Changes will begin following a 90-day waiting period, or on Dec. 18, and must be completed by Jan. 1, 2024, according to the memo.

Cost estimate,  $1,539,000..     

As I see it..their cost estimate is extremely low.  ..A high price to pay to placate the tantrums of a few A-holes!

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2022, 03:55:15 AM »
In 2015, the Pentagon declared it would not rename any military installations named after Confederate generals, saying “the naming occurred in the spirit of reconciliation, not division”.
Basically the naming was a “participation award” just like giving trophies to the little leaguers who didn’t win the championship.

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 06:53:43 AM »
I saw on U-tube they were changing one to "Ft. Benedict Arnold"

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 07:47:22 AM »
Why should our fellow black Americans have to put up with places and statues that immortalize people that fought to keep them in slavery?
Maybe they should pay for removal and renaming. A couple bucks a week out of their welfare check should do it :)
Ever see statues of German WWII heroes?

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »
I had a near major problem not long
ago with a beaurecrat because I'd
attended a school named John B.
Hood.  The name was changed some
time ago and I guess they went back
and deleted all the references to when
that was the name of the place.
Beaurecrats in my area are sceptical
of everybody filling out paperwork
anymore I would guess because of
all the criminal invading border jumpers
anymore. Even though I had a current
drivers license and several other identity
documents, I was forced to spend a
good part of a day and a small pile
of money to drive downtown and park
and pay another beaurecrat for a
current certified copy of my birth
certificate so the first beaurecrat
could see exactly who i was and my
true age and place of birth
For all the trouble I had, you'd have
thought I was wearing a maga hat
and a Confederate flag t shirt
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Why should our fellow black Americans have to put up with places and statues that immortalize people that fought to keep them in slavery?
Maybe they should pay for removal and renaming. A couple bucks a week out of their welfare check should do it :)
Ever see statues of German WWII heroes?

By your calculations...there should be no Crazy Horse monument in8 the Black Hills either..  And no monuments to an Indians..or as
   you may like, "native Americans"..

So, if by your reckoning, we should allow only statues of "nice people" whom we agree with...  Then surely, you must be dead set against the memorials and statues erected to habitual law b5reakers, such as  George Floyd..

Where will you start ?  Do you want to start by outlawing the reservations/ After all, those Indians started wars, scalped people,
   and ended up being beat into submission.

There are  several places named after Tecumseh, a warrior chief, who killed many of our troops and finally met the same fate
      himself.  Should all those place names be expunged? 

You should remain consistent, you know...if you wish to retain your credibility!

Frankly, I think we ought to leave all those honorary names alone...unless you are ready to dynamite the statue of Crazy Horse
   which is in the Black Hills.

Are you ready to go  on wipeout campaign?

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2022, 01:11:19 PM »
Thank you. That was some awesome comparative logic!
Now I understand why there’s no more Washington Redskins or Chief Wahoo and everything with “Squaw” in it’s name is being changed.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »
Now I understand why there’s no more Washington Redskins or Chief Wahoo and everything with “Squaw” in it’s name is being changed.
I like squaws... their subservient aren’t they? Kinda like lesbian little bitches...

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2022, 02:52:07 PM »
Right on cue, skipping right over intellectual, semi intellectual and even barely intellectual to go right for crude oafish and irrelevant!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2022, 02:57:44 PM »
Right on cue, skipping right over intellectual, semi intellectual and even barely intellectual to go right for crude oafish and irrelevant!

Just want to squash msn and govt narrative with equal trash...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2022, 03:51:50 PM »

Easy out reply, when you have no other answer, or cannot dream up a competing logic.