Author Topic: The next Republican president..  (Read 1037 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The next Republican president..
« on: November 15, 2022, 12:33:02 AM »
 ..Assuming we can somehow get past the cheating, and elect a Republican president someday...  Some say Trump is too brusk, too out spoken.... so the Democrats and the media (same) will hate him and do their best to shred him to bits.

So they say, we should offer somebody who is more artful and likeable, in the way he presents himself..somebody like Ron DeSantis..
conservative any kind of break.
     Are they fooling themselves?  Do they think for one moment, that unholy combine will be honest enough to give ANYBODY outside their Marxist philosophy, any kind of break.

They wouldn't even give this most likeable president a break..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7sP47e8tA
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: The next Republican president..
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 01:14:18 AM »
I'm not confident there will ever be another "republican" president. EVER! Most Americans will continue to vote the lesser of 2 evils, and complain.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 02:45:34 AM »
   Unless the cheating is somehow put in check, getting a conservative president will be a tough chore..

So far as the '"lesser of 2 evils" question..  should conservatives have voted for the  greater of 2 evils ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 02:56:57 AM »
   Unless the cheating is somehow put in check, getting a conservative president will be a tough chore..

So far as the '"lesser of 2 evils" question..  should conservatives have voted for the  greater of 2 evils ?

I'm sure the wolves will correct their own short comings.

Voted for the greater of 2 evils? What a silly question.

The American voters apathetic complacency have been settling for less for decades, and now are indignant as to where it's gotten them.

Let someone else do it. The American motto.

Offline scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 04:22:39 AM »
As long as the communists can buy votes from kids with free stuff, I doubt we will see another truly conservative president.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 04:24:23 AM »

The American voters apathetic complacency have been settling for less for decades, and now are indignant as to where it's gotten them.

I can't figure your picture of "greater" or "lesser"   ...But no man or woman is perfect...some are much further from perfection than others.  Thus, whenever there are two people running for the same office, it is naturally a contest between two persons, one the greater.. the other the lesser evil.

I suppose a man could stay home, rather than vote for the lesser candidate...but we all know what that would do, and what has happened too often in the past...

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 05:32:16 AM »
I think where good people have failed, is to elect bad choices at more local levels. Mayors, County offices, and State Reps and Governors. This is where career politicians come from. We need to get to know the local candidates better before casting a vote for them regardless if they have a D or R in front of their name. If a candidate has BIG money backing them, they are bought and paid for by big Corporations. They WILL answer to that entity, not the voters.

We need to get back to paper ballots. This is one reason it's so important to pay attention to state level elections. We haven't had a Republican Governor here in Oregon since 1987. The vote by mail started in 1998.
If we  are ever to make America Great Again, it will be done at state level. The federal level is too corrupt to change directly.

Another thing that grips me is, elections are primarily smear campaigns. Candidates spend more time dragging up BS about their Opposition, than speaking about themselves. (One of Trumps biggest negatives imo!)
He has started again with Desantis. He should be quiet or point out that Desantis is good for America, but that he is better, and tell why. But first wait until he says he is running. Trump needs to work on his  arrogant demeanor.....If he can. It turns a lot of people off. Including Republican voters. America is split so evenly, people running for office need swing voters to win. You won't get those results by being arrogant. JMO!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 05:39:55 AM »
   I agree , as long as  electronic voting machines  are used ,  elections will fall the  Democrats way ,where Democrats are in charge .

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 07:23:13 AM »
Trump is too self-centered, that is his only serious failing.

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 07:33:48 AM »

I can't figure your picture of "greater" or "lesser"   ...But no man or woman is perfect...some are much further from perfection than others.  Thus, whenever there are two people running for the same office, it is naturally a contest between two persons, one the greater.. the other the lesser evil.

I suppose a man could stay home, rather than vote for the lesser candidate...but we all know what that would do, and what has happened too often in the past...

Ah, more confusion, combined with infinite wisdom.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 07:50:26 AM »
Trump is too self-centered, that is his only serious failing.
  keep your eyes on the message not the messenger.  I certainly couldnt  cast the first stone .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »
  What he does...not what he says..  He did some wonderful things..let him brag a bit..  That sure doesn't bother me, so long as he keeps up the Trump magic going in our economy and foreign policy.

All the noise is just the same old Rinos and swamp crteatures who feel butt-hurt, because perhaps Yrump exposed some of their scams..

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
This election, the talking points by the Dems were a Red Wave.  We should listen, but look somewhere else.   While Republicans were gloating about a red wave, they weren't looking at the toss up states.  How much money did they put into advertising.  How many lies did they tell about certain politicians? 

Republicans should find the best, brightest, and women or minorities to run in the toss up areas.  These people should be lily white and sharp.  Then run them.  Also in the states where they have multiple people from the same party running, like Alaska and Maine.  Only run one person or after the primaries, run only the front runner of their party.  This would eliminate the mess they have in Alaska right now, and give the winner the same night or next morning, no counting for days or weeks. 

Firebrands are great, but they need to watch making any outlandish comments, even if they are true, especially during the campaigning

I can also think of 12-15 good Republicans that could make a much better president than any democrat.  Many are state governors.  Many senators and representatives. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 02:05:28 PM »
Two YEARS!

We have to keep swimming in the Swamp Water we were already standing in up to our waists, now up to our necks, for another two years!

Will there be a Democratic Republic in two years?  Biden and Harris can do a LOT more damage in that span of time.

Maybe the Republicans will do better next time.  If there is a next time.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 02:11:35 PM »
Two YEARS!

We have to keep swimming in the Swamp Water we were already standing in up to our waists, now up to our necks, for another two years!

Will there be a Democratic Republic in two years?  Biden and Harris can do a LOT more damage in that span of time.

Maybe the Republicans will do better next time.  If there is a next time.

Nuthin to add to that.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »
. . .   Biden and Harris can do a LOT more damage in that span of time.

Yessir
They've just about ran everything
off in the ditch in just 2
In 2 more, all us poor campesinos
will be lucky to eat regularly
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 06:26:05 PM »
   We will find out soon now that the Republican House has the power of the purse .  Either side doesnt seemed concerned about being 31 trillion in debt .

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2022, 12:43:27 AM »
When the Republicans had the House, the Senate, AND the White House, they were a "no show".

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2022, 02:25:56 AM »
It will probably come down to a revolution of some sort to make a real difference. History pretty much shows us that. When a government becomes as powerful as our Federal government is, it will not be willing to let the people dictate their actions.

Every election year we hear people say, we need term limits. How do we get that to happen? Our elected reps will NEVER vote themselves out of office, and the sheeple are too damn stupid to know they are playing us. We have reached the point where they control who runs for office, and they are mostly the same snake with an D head and an R head. So you get one of their choices to vote for. Once in a while an outsider (Trump) finds their way in, and the two heads again join together to get them out of the way.

Anyone with half a brain knows there are no more honest elections anymore, but nothing is being done about it. Some of our so called leaders bitch about it, but do absolutely nothing to fix the problem that would be simple to correct.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2022, 02:43:33 AM »
It will probably come down to a revolution of some sort to make a real difference. History pretty much shows us that. When a government becomes as powerful as our Federal government is, it will not be willing to let the people dictate their actions.

Every election year we hear people say, we need term limits. How do we get that to happen? Our elected reps will NEVER vote themselves out of office, and the sheeple are too damn stupid to know they are playing us. We have reached the point where they control who runs for office, and they are mostly the same snake with an D head and an R head. So you get one of their choices to vote for. Once in a while an outsider (Trump) finds their way in, and the two heads again join together to get them out of the way.

Anyone with half a brain knows there are no more honest elections anymore, but nothing is being done about it. Some of our so called leaders bitch about it, but do absolutely nothing to fix the problem that would be simple to correct.

That's pretty much it. The wolves shepherding the wolves.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2022, 05:20:27 AM »
   We will find out soon now that the Republican House has the power of the purse .  Either side doesnt seemed concerned about being 31 trillion in debt .

I sure hope the house can and will, shut down the funds for the 2 trillion dollar sellout to the 'climate change" religion, and transfer
  some of those funds to the  border, in the form of real, active border control cops, and completing the wall.

Then start cutting back the freebies the Demonrats handed out,  buying votes.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2022, 06:11:14 AM »

I sure hope the house can and will, shut down the funds for the 2 trillion dollar sellout to the 'climate change" religion, and transfer
  some of those funds to the  border, in the form of real, active border control cops, and completing the wall.

Then start cutting back the freebies the Demonrats handed out,  buying votes.
[/quot     There's a lot of Repub;s bought into the climate change hoax .  And the majority of U.S. citizens have also . But we'll see .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2022, 07:42:13 AM »
Yeah the republicans have no problem spending money. It buys them votes. They can spend money with the best the Marxist party has to offer.

Looks like RINO McCarthy will be the speaker. Who else right? The establishment wouldn't have any other than a RINO.  Couple more RINO's to win their races yet in the republic of California. One of them actually voted to impeach Trump. Might not know the results until Dec. 9th. How pathetic is that?
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2022, 08:02:36 AM »
Yeah the republicans have no problem spending money. It buys them votes. They can spend money with the best the Marxist party has to offer.

Looks like RINO McCarthy will be the speaker. Who else right? The establishment wouldn't have any other than a RINO.  Couple more RINO's to win their races yet in the republic of California. One of them actually voted to impeach Trump. Might not know the results until Dec. 9th. How pathetic is that?
  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/shocker-democrat-candidate-wins-election-single-vote-following-recount/