Author Topic: Senate PASSES 12 Gun Controls  (Read 999 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Senate PASSES 12 Gun Controls
« on: December 22, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »
Your Congressman Has One LAST CHANCE to Stop 12 Gun Controls

Watch our video action alert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTISDI1S4E and read our full analysis here https://www.gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/GOA-Fact-Sheet-Gun-Control-Problems-with-FY-2023-Omnibus-Appropriations.pdf.

On Capitol Hill, Gun Owners of America is strongly objecting to the Omnibus government funding bill on your behalf, because it is infested with Second Amendment infringements.

The Swamp loves to pass infringements when no one is looking, and the holidays provide the perfect cover to ram through unwanted spending and gun control.
That’s why it’s all the more important that you stay vigilant this Christmas and contact your elected representatives to tell them to vote against this monstrosity.
Please call Congress at (202) 224-3121 and demand they oppose the bill!
Unfortunately, 12 gun control items just passed the Senate with the help of these 18 Republican turncoats:

Blunt (MO)
Boozman (AR)
Capito (WV)
Collins (ME)
Cornyn (TX)
Cotton (AR)
Graham (SC)
Inhofe (OK)
McConnell (KY)
Moran (KS)
Murkowski (AK)
Portman (OH)
Romney (UT)
Rounds (SD)
Shelby (AL)
Thune (SD)
Wicker (MS)
Young (IN)

A later action alert will allow you to punish these senators for voting against your rights in due time, but for now we need you to pick up the phone and call the House of Representatives immediately.

Your Congressman is our LAST SHOT at stopping this omnibus gun control proposal, so give Congress a call at  (202) 224-3121

Just yesterday, Politico reported that Democrats in state legislatures are excitedly preparing to ram “red flag” gun confiscation laws when session begins in January.
But what’s worse is that the Biden Administration will be handing out millions of federal dollars to reward those states which pass “red flag” gun confiscation laws, and all that money will be coming from the new $700 million grant fund that Congress is about to vote on!

Watch our Minute Man Moment explaining all 12 gun controls in next year's government funding bill.

Any vote in favor of this omnibus is a vote to help President Biden bribe your home state legislature to pass gun confiscation laws.

We already asked you to send an email using our action alert link. But we need all the backup we can get. That’s why we’re asking for you to call your representative.
Pick up the phone and call the Congressional switchboard now at (202) 224-3121.
An operator will connect you to your elected representative. Then demand each office votes “no.”

On your behalf, Gun Owners of America has already notified the House and Senate that we will be scoring all votes to advance the anti-gun appropriations package unless each of the following gun control provisions are struck from the bill:

1.   Massive 14.1% ATF Budget Increase to Facilitate Biden’s Pistol Ban

2.   50% Increase for ATF’s NTC Budget to Maintain the Illegal Near-Billion Record Gun Registry

3.   $700+ Million in Funding Available to Bribe States to Pass “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation Laws

4.   Directing VA Medical Centers to Utilize Confiscation Orders on Vulnerable Veterans

5.   Department of Education to Push “Safe Storage” of Parents’ Firearms

6.   Funding for VA to Maintain “Gun Storage Maps” to Keep Tabs on Where Veterans Keep Guns

7.   New Annual Compensation for Families of Deceased ATF Agents Could be an Indication of Upcoming Gun Confiscation

8.   Gun Control Earmarks for “Orchid Healing Circles” and More!

9.   Dickey Violations Galore While CDC Suppresses Self-Defense Statistics

10.   Programs Discouraging Women from Exercising their Second Amendment Rights

11.   Anti-Gun “Community Violence Intervention” Initiatives

12.   “Violent Anti-Government Ideology” and “Domestic Radicalization Research”

We need you to tell Congress that gun owners mean business. They need to know that if they stab gun owners in the back, they will regret that vote in the next election.

Phone calls to Capitol Hill are one of the best ways for constituents to influence how members of Congress vote.

You can help GOA on Capitol Hill by picking up the phone and calling your House representative and telling them to vote no on this Omnibus gun control package at (202) 224-3121!

It is an outrage that many Republican Senators already voted for this anti-gun monstrosity. Quite frankly, it’s outrageous that any legislator sworn to uphold the Constitution and the Second Amendment would even consider passing a 4,155-page $1,700,000,000,000 appropriations bill with so many gun control provisions.
You can learn more about each of these gun control proposals in GOA’s full analysis here, and you can watch our latest episode of the Minute Man Moment which also deep-dives on what’s going on in Congress.

Truly, our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of this lame-duck Congress.
Each gun control must be struck from any final government appropriations package in order to respect the Second Amendment and eliminate opposition from gun owners.

Thank you for taking the time to call your representative at (202) 224-3121
It’s not convenient to pick up the phone around the holidays and tell Washington D.C. how patriotic Americans and gun owners feel about their plan to fund the government, but it is incredibly important for the Second Amendment.
Stay tuned for more important legislative updates as the Omnibus moves through Congress and as the Biden Administration finalizes the ATF pistol ban.

In Liberty,
Aidan Johnston
Director of Federal Affairs

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Senate PASSES 12 Gun Controls
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »
  ..And remember the name of any Repugnican senator who voted for this measure

I don't mention the name of any Demonrat senator...because rest assured, they ALL voted to further restrict our freedoms.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 12:16:03 PM »
Gonna cause a rush on gun purchasing, and stealing from burglarizing.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 02:45:14 PM »
Those jackasses can pass anything they want. Their problem will be with who will comply, and who will not.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 2 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »
I guess I'm surprised to see that Tom Cotton voted for it. I thought he was a bona-fide republican.  I guess it really wouldn't have mattered if the republicans would have control of the senate. Looks like there are enough RINOS to vote away our rights anyway. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 03:36:10 PM »
I guess I'm surprised to see that Tom Cotton voted for it. I thought he was a bona-fide republican.  I guess it really wouldn't have mattered if the republicans would have control of the senate. Looks like there are enough RINOS to vote away our rights anyway.

Tom Cotton IS a "bona-fide Republican". ;)
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 02:59:05 AM »

Tom Cotton IS[/b ]a "bona-fide Republican". ;)

A republican is someone that supports a Constitutional republic -form of government. Which I thought Tom Cotton was, but its rather evident that he has joined the masses of Rinos. Its sad that most of the Republicans in congress anymore could easily fit into the Marxist Democratic party.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 03:10:20 AM »

Tom Cotton IS a "bona-fide Republican". ;)

A republican is someone that supports a Constitutional republic -form of government. Which I thought Tom Cotton was, but its rather evident that he has joined the masses of Rinos. Its sad that most of the Republicans in congress anymore could easily fit into the Marxist Democratic party.

There are actually 3 definitions of "republican". One is being a member of the republican party.  18 republican party members voted for this nonsense.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 03:14:06 AM »
Sometimes, the Dems sqeek and sqawk about something in a bill to take their eyes away from something they have in the bill that they don't want to draw attention to.  This may be one of them and many Republicans didn't read the entire bill to find out what was really in it and voted for it anyway to avoid a government shutdown. 

Remember they voted for the Obamacare bill, even when Nancy Peloci said to vote for it to see what was in it. 

Many bills are thrown together by bureaucrats and the result is a bill with over 1,000 pages to read.  Sometimes the senators or representatives don't have time to read all the bills.  They rely on others to read it and tell them what was in it.  Dems push things through fast to avoid them being read. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 03:28:00 AM »
Sometimes, the Dems sqeek and sqawk about something in a bill to take their eyes away from something they have in the bill that they don't want to draw attention to.  This may be one of them and many Republicans didn't read the entire bill to find out what was really in it and voted for it anyway to avoid a government shutdown. 

Remember they voted for the Obamacare bill, even when Nancy Peloci said to vote for it to see what was in it. 

Many bills are thrown together by bureaucrats and the result is a bill with over 1,000 pages to read.  Sometimes the senators or representatives don't have time to read all the bills.  They rely on others to read it and tell them what was in it.  Dems push things through fast to avoid them being read.

That's a good "theory" but Lindsey Graham got on national TV yesterday and explained why he voted for the bill. His reasoning was the less than 10% that went to the military.

I will contend that only a fool would vote for something they had not read, especially after all the hay Republicans tried to make from Nancy Pelosi remarks several years ago of you have to vote for it to read it.

There is no excuse for what these 18 lack luster Republicans did.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 06:58:00 AM »
This bill was 3 times longer than the Bible.  So, how can anyone read the whole thing in just a few days?  They voted for it to see what was in it.  I guess to keep lawyers in business filing lawsuits to stop some of the gun laws.  However, this may take years before it reaches the Supreme Court.  Meanwhile the damage is done. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2022, 09:18:37 AM »
This bill was 3 times longer than the Bible.  So, how can anyone read the whole thing in just a few days?  They voted for it to see what was in it.  I guess to keep lawyers in business filing lawsuits to stop some of the gun laws.  However, this may take years before it reaches the Supreme Court.  Meanwhile the damage is done.

Well, you and I know what happened, but I wouldn't vote for something like that. Would you?
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2022, 03:24:27 PM »

Tom Cotton IS[/b ]a "bona-fide Republican". ;)

Tom Cotton IS a Republican. Doesn't mean he is a Conservative who believes in the Constitution. Most Republicans today are the right wing of the Bird of people prey. Democrats being the left wing. Together they are the A.H. of the bird. The House has a few more true conservatives than the Senate, that has perhaps 3. Possibly just 1....Rand Paul, who is really a Libertarian.

BTW...I quit sending my Leftist Reps from Oregon any Email. It's a total waste of time. All Communists!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 01:32:19 AM »
Not everyone has realized yet that voting in this country doesn't matter anymore.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 10:41:22 AM »
At the Federal level, it makes little difference! Voters need to pay more attention to our local elections.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.