Author Topic: my new favorite glock  (Read 473 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
my new favorite glock
« on: January 02, 2023, 12:52:00 AM »
picked up a 30s off my buddy about 8 months ago on a trade. I really like this gun. Its the same size as a 26 or 27 and holds 10 rounds of big ass 45 acp gold dots! Ive been shooting it with various cast bullets even the swcs i used in comp and even at reduced levels and it doesnt miss a beat and is probably the most consistently accurate glock ive owned. It seems to shoot about anything well. Id bet with a trigger job i could get in under 2 inches at 25 yards. bonus is it has night sights too and fits in my iwb and owb 26/27 holsters. Ive been carrying my 45acp shield but I think this one will take its place. Bit heavier but im to the point where im going to have to start wearing suspenders anyway.
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: my new favorite glock
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:55:13 AM »
LOL, Started wearing suspenders about 10 years ago. I used to run around 250 lbs, but type 2 diabetes put me down to 220 lbs. With that and being 73 my ass went with it.

But! Had I realized how comfortable my britches would be with'em I'd a started wearing suspenders 50 years ago. I don't have to pull up, or adjust my britches, and it doesn't matter who much the pistol weights.  ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:55:30 AM »
It is my carry gun. I have model 21 mags for backup.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 02:10:59 AM »
Over the last 30 years I've kinda jumped back and forth between a Glock 23 and a Smith 686, with a couple a Shield 40s thrown in.
Due to the changing landscape of humanity here in Texas, I went to what I've wanted to try for a while. A Sig P365 Comp.
Never been a fan of 9mm, but the 17 round magazines are startin to look pretty good, and it is an easy, and comfortable EDC.
Factory night sites  and muzzle break/compensator didnt hurt either.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 03:48:36 AM »
i ordered 3 of them the other day. Someone else suggested it to me and suprisingly i never thought of it. Guess today theres so many glock models its almost confusing. 
It is my carry gun. I have model 21 mags for backup.
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 03:55:32 AM »
my problem is ive never had a but. No matter how much weight i gain it goes in the guy not the but. My lower body looks like it belongs on a 150lb gun and my upper is well BIG. Ive got a neck so big i cant buy button shirts that button all the way unless i get custom made. Its a good excuse not to ever wear a suit. My buddy always teases  me. He says you cant tell where your head ends and your neck starts. Ive got wide shoulders and big arms and hand too. Kind of look comican naked. EVERYTHING down there is lacking ::) and everthing on top is to big. Especially my gut right now. I was working out two years back and got down to 210 which is about my fighting weight but two more operations has me back up to 260. At my age i cant see me going back to lifting weights. So its time to give up and wear old man suspenders. Used to tease the hell out of dad and his brother sitting in the back yard where there suspender on. My uncle even was proud of his extensive collection of them. Im probably the only guy in the world that weights 260lbs but wears size small sweatpants.
LOL, Started wearing suspenders about 10 years ago. I used to run around 250 lbs, but type 2 diabetes put me down to 220 lbs. With that and being 73 my ass went with it.

But! Had I realized how comfortable my britches would be with'em I'd a started wearing suspenders 50 years ago. I don't have to pull up, or adjust my britches, and it doesn't matter who much the pistol weights.  ;D
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 04:03:16 AM »
dont know what id call more formitable a 12-14 shot 45acp or a 17 round 9mm. Both have some firepower. I guess im old school and a big bore guy with all my handguns from way back and just always figured bigger is better. Its kind o why i dont get the 40 dying. Its got the velocity of the 9 with a bullet 40-50 grain heavier and larger diameter. If i had to bet the best of the 3 would be the 40. My 30 has night sights too and thats another reason i really like it for carry. Carried my 27 for a couple years but somewhere along the line someone gave me a light/Lazer for it and it became my night stand gun.
Over the last 30 years I've kinda jumped back and forth between a Glock 33 and a Smith 686, with a couple a Shield 40s thrown in.
Due to the changing landscape of humanity here in Texas, I went to what I've wanted to try for a while. A Sig P365 Comp.
Never been a fan of 9mm, but the 17 round magazines are startin to look pretty good, and it is an easy, and comfortable EDC.
Factory night sites  and muzzle break/compensator didnt hurt either.
blue lives matter

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 06:53:39 AM »
I love that the gun rags poo poo the forty, you can pick them up cheap from the guys going to 9’s from the “obsolete cartridge” everyone knows the wonder 9 can do everything it can do and better :)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 11:58:06 PM »
i got the steel of the century two years ago. Ive always said my pick for best fighting gun is a glock 22. My son in laws brother is a prison guard and they had glock 22s. He said they were selling them and buying glock 17s to replace them and wanted 250 bucks a piece for them and would only sell them to employees. He asked me if i wanted his brother to get me one. I said you bet!! About a month went by and no gun. So i asked him to check with his brother. HE called me back later that day and said bad news. All of them were sold and all they had left was two dozen new ones. I asked how much and he said 300 bucks!! i about did a back flip. told him BUY IT. Got the gun and it was new in the box with 3 mags. The used ones only came with one!! Stupid thing on my part is i didnt buy a couple more. But i figured two of them was enough and with the 40 out of favor i dont know what even a gun shop would give you if you traded with one.  I wish though i would have known earlier because they also had some 23s and 27s and i woudnt be beyond owning a second 23 or 27 either at those prices.

Little wake up call for the 40 fans though. THe 45 died years ago and finding once fired brass is getting to be about impossible. Lately ive noticed once fired 40 brass drying up too. If you shoot your guns alot you might want to stock up while you can. But im with mule and dee and most people that actually understand handguns. Bigger bullets are always better. There is some good 9mm ammo out there like Gold dots but theres 40 cal gold dots and 45 cal gold dots too. You hear all the time that advancements in bullets have made the 9 as good as the 40 and 45 but what they fail to do is tell you that same bullet technology has improved those to also. There is no senerio where i see a .355 125 grain hp at a 1000 fps being as deadly as a 180 grain 401 bullet at a 1000 fps. They have only three advantages I can see and only two apply to me. They use less powder and brass is cheaper so i can shoot more. Third is they kick less so prissy men and women can handle them better. Ill add one more and maybe someday it will apply to me. There is a small percentage of old and handicapped people who can only handle so much recoil and for them i say buy yourself a 9. Its sure better then a stick or knife.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 01:34:59 AM »
I have had a G36 for years. Handy little gun, fits nicely in my back pocket. Six rounds. No worse off than a revolver

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 05:44:34 AM »
honestly i have no problem with a 6 round mag. carried 1911 officers sized guns alot back in the day. two  of my favorites of all time that i foolishly let go was a kimber cdp. Had the officers sized one and the pro sized which was a officers grip frame with a commander upper. Both were sweet guns and scary accurate. Id love to have both of them back today. 
I have had a G36 for years. Handy little gun, fits nicely in my back pocket. Six rounds. No worse off than a revolver
blue lives matter