Author Topic: Very Pretty Pardner  (Read 1804 times)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Very Pretty Pardner
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:53:19 AM »
:D  :D  hi all, i ran into the neatest pardner yesterday. it was a 20ga with the silver finish on the metal (yes the barrel too) it had a set of straight english style stocks on it,  (walnut looking ones). no, they where not lam. stocks just straight stocks. this is the first time i have ever seen a pardner like this, and yes its used. has anyone ever seen anything like this???  i could not find it in any of my books, i was thinking maybe a survivor that someone put wood one??? but the barrel looked to long to be one. so i dont know, thought i would toss it out at you all, and see if anyone had any ideas on what it is????  i am thinking i should go buy it, but the wife might notice that one :)  :)  :)  :)
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Neat 20 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 01:45:50 AM »
Hi Varmintcontroller, If you decide not to get that 20 guage please let me know how much they are asking for it and where it is.  Thanks....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 044

• Trade Count: (0)
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:49:37 PM »
Varmint controller, in my collection I have a model 99 h&r 20ga. that has nickel plating on the barrel and reciever. This sounds very similar to the gun you are describing. Havn't talked to you in a while, I have had trouble with the new site.

• Avid Poster
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 01:02:19 PM »
:(  :(  :(  :(  i went back last night for the gun, but someone beat me to it :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  o well my fault i should have brought it home when i saw it, i really did not think for the money ($149.95) anyone would jump on it, i was going back , and bring it home, but she was already gone. i will kick my self in the BUTT for a while over this one.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 01:39:50 PM »
Tough luck there buddy. I wish I could have snapped that one up myself. Sounds like a neat gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 03:08:15 PM »
Sorry you missed it VC, you are right, $150 used seemed a bit high but it also sounded like a sweet 20 gauge, all you would had to have done was add screw in chokes and an instant sweetheart of a gun!!! (but it sounded sweet as it was)....<><.... :wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 03:11:29 PM »

• Avid Poster
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 11:29:59 PM »
msp<------ as sad as it is, i was going to spend the $90 to add screw in chokes :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  i had my mind all made up, and i was going to pull the lam. stocks off my NWTF 12ga, and put them on it, boy would she have been SOME PRETTY THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! but i was too slow making up my mind, atleast someone got a sweet gun.

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 12:35:33 AM »
:yeah: Somebody did......ME!   :excuseme:  :-D
 Not really!!  :) Just yankin' yer chain, Man.  :)  :lol:  :cb2:
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 01:02:40 AM »
$150 bucks sounds way outa line to me.  I don't care how pretty it was it's still a H&R,  I'ld a left it there myself.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking H&R's I'm just saying new ones sell for just under $100.  A little nickle plateing isn't worth an extra $50 IMO.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:21:22 PM »
I feel for you VC, but we have all been there. I still remember an old but perfect Bear (Super Kodiak?) recurve bow @ 65 or 70 lbs. that was identical to the one Fred Bear used to use. I found it and shot it indoors at Kittery Trading Post, it fit me great and it put all my arrows where I pointed them on the indoor range they had/have(?) in the archery department.  I thought about it and it was gone on my next trip!!! I have made more than my share of mistakes like that, guns, bows, boats, canoes, etc, etc, etc. It never seems to get any easier either....<><....  :roll:

• Avid Poster
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 12:29:59 AM »
msp<------ i know just what you mean, it has happened to me on alot of things too. i really thought it would take some time to sell with a price tag like that. i had the cash, but i really wanted to clear it with my wife. she is better with the bills and stuff then i am :)  :)  :)  :)  maybe next time around i will smarten up, and just bring whatever it is home when i see it :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 01:03:54 PM »
:( , OK VC, I was really feeling bad for you for missing that really neat looking Pardner, why I even recalled that nice old Bear Super Kodiak bow that I foolishly missed out on, I can now go you one better. I never really lusted over a .357 Mag barrel for one of my receivers. The .357 Max has never made me feel as if I had to have one. The only reason I could ever see to buy a .357 Mag barrel was to rechamber it to .35 Remington. BUT!! now that they (H&R) have stopped offering barrels in that caliber, I WANT ONE!!, I NEED ONE!!!what is even worse, last fall Kittery Trading Post had what appeared to be an Ultra with laminated stock in .357 Max, used (in about 98% condition!!) for $150.00. I did not want it, wished in was in a "usable" caliber I thought!! Where was my head??? (to make things worse I had just traded them a Ruger Single six, old model w/undercut front sight that would not shoot to the same place twice and had a credit voucher for $150.00 in my hand!!!) Pardon me while I beat my head against the wall a while....<><.... :oops:

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »
Should'a, Could'a, Would'a... it's all water under the bridge now.  Chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.  Won't be long before an even better deal pops up and you'll be glad you have that $150. For every time that I "should'a" and didn't  I can count at least two or three "Whyd'I" and beleive me they hurt a lot worse.  :cb2:      

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Very Pretty Pardner
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 02:03:38 AM »
Thanks Brett, I "Shuda" known that, I "Whuda" bought it if I remembered I "Chuda" sold it if I didn't like it. That "Shuda" taken care of the "Whyd'I". The $150.00 is long gone, I must have gotten something I needed and wanted right?....<><.... :lol: