Author Topic: This machine gun tried (and failed) to replace the Ma Deuce  (Read 938 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
This machine gun tried (and failed) to replace the Ma Deuce
« on: August 31, 2022, 06:10:42 PM »
https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-machine-gun-tried-and-failed-to-replace-the-ma-deuce/

The venerable Browning M2 .50 caliber machine gun is a mainstay of the U.S. military. Informally known as the Ma Deuce, the gun has been in service since WWII and continues to see extensive use today. Interestingly, an attempt was made to replace the M2, at least in part....

The Japanese developed a shrunken version of the Browning,  Ho-103,  that fired the 12.7x82 .50 Breda /Vickers round; it was literally a smaller verion of the M2 but was lighter and developed  a higher fireing rate for use in their fighter planes.
It was also used by the infantry,  Ho-104 was used in flexible installations.; its lighter smaller size suited the smaller Japanese soliders.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: This machine gun tried (and failed) to replace the Ma Deuce
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 04:36:34 PM »
It was my favorite weapon to fire in the Army.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: This machine gun tried (and failed) to replace the Ma Deuce
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 02:43:01 AM »
  The old adage...

" IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT !

Ma Deuce was introduced in 1918 !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)