Author Topic: New .243 and .308 range report  (Read 970 times)

Offline student

• Trade Count: (0)
New .243 and .308 range report
« on: March 20, 2004, 07:31:11 AM »
Made a quick trip to the range to sight my new barrels in.  Results are promising for a windy day and new barrels, but I'm sure I need to do more work.  .308 best group was 2", but I have my doubts about the scope that I'm using.  The interesting thing was the .243, it was able to stabilize 100 gr bullets (Remington Green Box Core-Lokt PSP) and get 2" groups, but when I tried some handloads with 87 gr. boattail hollow points, I got a 4 shot group of 1/2 "!!!!!!!!   Maybe it was just a fluke, but its a great start,  time will tell.

I got the .308 with deer in mind, and the .243 with long-range groundhogs in mind, and I think they are going to work out just fine.

Student

Offline huntsalot

• Trade Count: (0)
New .243 and .308 range report
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 08:31:05 AM »
congrats on the new barrels. Great to hear that you had good results today. Just think, after about 200 rounds they will be shooting even tighter than they are now. NOw thats promising! Many people told me that about my handi and I was scepticle until I got around 200 rounds and my 7mm-08 started settling down and shooting tighter and more consistently. Anyway, great day and great guns. Good Luck
Brian
Whitey