Author Topic: Twist Rates  (Read 1076 times)

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Twist Rates
« on: March 17, 2004, 03:05:08 PM »
Anyone happen to know the twist rates of SB2-S35 (357 Mag) or SB2-S44 (44 Mag)?  Thanks...
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Twist Rates
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 03:31:02 PM »
.357 Mag = 1 in 18 3/4.          .44 Mag = 1 in 38"           (Twist rates are available in the FAQ section)....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Twist Rates
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 03:25:53 AM »
Thanks MSP Ret...  Looked everywhere but there, makes sense now that I think about it...
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Twist Rates
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 03:55:15 AM »
Your welcome GrandpaMike, From one GrandPa to another. First time for me, 7 weeks ago, my lovely grandaughter Maeve, I'm still beaming!!. And, I bought her her first Handi already!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Twist Rates
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 04:09:46 AM »
We have eight now, 4 boys, 4 girls.  Oldest grandson is 13 now, loves woodworking and shooting, joy of my life.  Hard not to spoil them all.  But that IS my job now.  Only one grandaughter has shown an interest so far...
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Twist Rates
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 04:37:33 AM »
Congratulation to you Grandpa Mike!!!, I would love to be there someday.  At 7 weeks it's hard to really tell if Maeve will like to shoot or not. I do know however that her "Grandpa" will be there ready to take her "to camp" and teach her to shoot and handle guns responsibly and safely. And with her own gun too!! (I guess your right about spoiling them) If she never shows an interest thats her decision, but at least she will learn to be safe around firearms, thats my job and my decision. That way I can sleep a little better at night, at our ages we should at least be able to sleep well right?...<><.... :grin:

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Twist Rates
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 07:03:58 AM »
Congrats to you also, after the boys grew up and left home, it was empty for awhile, but after the first grandchild, things were grand again.  

Our two daughters-in-law have never been around firearms.  I found I have to train them first to understand before they will allow the children.  My wife and sons have converted 1 daughter-in-law (6 of the kids), the other is stuborn.  She will still not let their 2 be involved.  I did make some progress with her last summer, she finally let me take the kids for rides on my Harley.  With the world going the way it is, it is even more important that we pass on skills and values so we all can sleep better.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Twist Rates
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 09:23:17 AM »
Amen....<><.... :grin:

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Twist Rates
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 10:55:53 AM »
grandpa you are right.  My first granddaughter is 18 months old.  She loves to be outdoors  (back yard) with grandpa and like watching the animals on the outdoor channel so there is hope :grin:
God, Family, and guns, in that order!